• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MS Surface Pro 4 – Amazon 'newer version', am I missing something?
  • IHN

I was looking at this on Amazon, as I thought it was a good price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Keyboard-i5-6300U-Integrated-Professional/dp/B0177W4ZX6

However, that Amazon ad says that there’s a ‘newer version available’ and links to this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-i5-6300U-Integrated-Graphics-Keyboard/dp/B01C4OEB68/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I cannot see what the difference is between the two, other than £300.

Any ideas?

molgrips
    Free Member

The cheaper bundle comes with the older type cover I think – which is not as good. But I also think there’s two versions of the device itself… perhaps one with a 2.2GHz CPU and one with 2.4GHz which I think might be different architectures.

molgrips
    Free Member

However the picture of the keyboard in the cheaper bundle is the new style.. hmm

IHN

Ah, I wondered about the cover, is the newer one that much better?

It’s probably still cheaper to buy the ‘older’ device (it’ll still easily cope with what I want it for) and the newer cover.

*edit after reading molgrips second response* well, yeah, that’s what I thought, it all looks the same

cp

no idea if any product differences, but the first listing is for third party sellers and the ‘newer product’ is amazon themselves.

molgrips
    Free Member

Looks like the new one is Kaby Lake architecture, old one is Skylake.

Whether or not you will notice a difference is another issue. You will however notice a £300 discount, so I’d snap it up if I were you.

Microsoft may announce updated Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 devices later this month

Hell of a bargain – snap it up.

cp

also the first one at 633 – the seller is new and is listed as ‘contact us first’

eeek.

the next most expensive in the original is from the states and the next is 999.

cp

Hell of a bargain – snap it up.

i wouldn’t!!

molgrips
    Free Member

If you have confidence in the seller, that is. But it’s worth investigating.

I got £180 off from PC world so it’s not just Amazon being dodgy.

IHN

Cheers chaps, will do some digging

StuF

SCAM!!

If it’s the one from LKMEDIAONLINE, I’d steer well clear of it. I was looking for a laptop from amazon a month or 2 ago and there were lots of ones at £2-300 cheaper than they should have been. all with a ‘just launched’ seller and contact them for details.

I did contact them and then they were asking to pay postage outside of amazon. I decided to run a mile….

edit: just found this on reddit:reddit linky

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MS Surface Pro 4 – Amazon 'newer version', am I missing something?’ is closed to new replies.