Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MS onenote 2010 – any experts?
  • Kryton57

Apart from notepad functionality – what’s clever about it?

footflaps

I’ve been trying it out over the last few months as a sort of note pad for SW development, but it seems to slow right down with only a few Mb of content (screen grabs, graphs etc) and becomes completely unusable.

I’ll try Evernote next.

captain-slow
    Free Member

Never used one note, but evernote is ace

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Collaborative working innit!

Holds many notebooks that can be shared across network.

Updates on all other users copies (assuming they are connected). Can work offline (eg on train) and synch when you next connect.

Good for dispersed teams.

I’m no “expert” but have been using it a fair bit for the last year or so.

spacemonkey

ON gives greater control and choice over formatting and layout that EN, plus it integrates well with Outlook re tasks/reminders etc. Also, you can throw pretty much anything at it, inc via drag n drop. But IMO it’s a bit odd and not my cup of tea.

EN is great for capturing and organising (via notebooks and tags) loads of notes. But it’s formatting is sh1t. Browser extensions allow you to grab entire webpages (or just the bit you want). I’ve been using it for 5 yrs and have over 2000 notes so IME it must me doing something right.

Horses for courses though.

footflaps

I’ve got about 6 ‘Notes’ in ON, none very big (total file size is less than 10Mb) and it’s become so slow it takes about a minute to refresh the screen after any change!

Cougar

I’ve used OneNote 2007 for a long old while now, and I adore it. I’ve dabbled with other solutions such as Evernote, but for me the layout of OneNote is just perfect for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MS onenote 2010 – any experts?’ is closed to new replies.