Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • M&S insurance – Wheelies
  • iDave
    Free Member

bloke on phone just now claimed they had a limit of £1000 for custom builds? Sounds like bollox to me?

Enlighten me please if your own M&S claim proves otherwise – the policy states single items are covered up to a value of £4000

Ta

aP
    Free Member

Have claimed about £1800 on a custom built 853 frame road bike. They tried to push us towards Wheelies but they couldn't supply anything at all like it so got a cheque.
    If you have a receipt from your LBS for the value of the bike & a description of the components then you should be able to get it sorted out.

spooky_b329

iDave, check the M&S terms and conditions. If its not stated in black and white, the bloke on the phone is wrong.

iDave
    Free Member

Thanks, I just checked with M&S, they're putting Wheelies right on it, and the bike is also working out as being worth more than I thought! Also, the artist who hand painted the frame has two others she's working on – so I may be able to get another weird one. Sorted.

scruff
    Free Member

Why dont you get a decent bike this time?

iDave
    Free Member

wot, liek ur saracin?

snakebite
    Free Member

i'd get a intents innit m8

iDave
    Free Member

intense, 9 speed set-up, lots of carbon gubbins, sorted, hopefully in time for chrimbo

snakebite
    Free Member

I think not, my bieiks gon in this morning, and straight into the workshop……the intense got put back for a while…whose ever it was/is/is going to be..

iDave
    Free Member

i think not

snakebite
    Free Member

i 'know' so

iDave
    Free Member

damn bollox it. got used to the thought of riding an intense.

Andy

Yup as stated above with M&S; they will try and push you to one of their preferred suppliers, however, if you argue that those suppliers cannot supply the replacement you want, M & S will issue you with a cheque to the value of your bike.

bruneep

Andy – Member

Yup as stated above with M&S; they will try and push you to one of their preferred suppliers, however, if you argue that those suppliers cannot supply the replacement you want, M & S will issue you with a cheque to the value of your bike.

That's exactly what happened to me, stand firm with them. Like for like as my policy stated or cash equivalent.

carlos
    Free Member

As above but, I didn't even have to argue, I just explained the subtle differences between what was offered and what I had, got my fav bike shop (18bikes) to put me together a new build cost for a replacement, told them the total cost and they sent the cheque within 48hrs.

Carl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘M&S insurance – Wheelies’ is closed to new replies.