Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M&S insurance renewal after claim.
  • Janesy
    Free Member

Ive Just recieved a letter regarding my insurance renewal today. They will only insure me up to £1k per bike. I have 3.

This is oviously becasue I claimed last october and got the £3k Specialized Epic Evo plus extra’s, totaling nearly £4k.
    Does this sound right? or alittle unfair. As the M&S representitive asked me what sort of security I have. I said a ground anchor and several good motorcycle chains in the garage.

As all the way through the process I kept asking M&S what will happen to my premium. They clearly said nothing would happen. If I knew my New Spesh Epic would only be insured for £1k I wouldnt of got the extras up to £4k. Whats the point having a very expensive bike if its only insured up to £1k?

uplink
    Free Member

Try doing another online quote with them and see how it works out

DT78
    Free Member

That’s interesting – sounds more like they have changed their underwriter rather than the fact you claimed. I’ve had a claim in the last 3 years and whilst my renewal went up, they didn’t change the ‘terms’

Janesy
    Free Member

They still use AXA. Will go and have alook online.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

it does seem a little unfair totally…..

it seems if you make a claim now for an expensive bike you are pretty much shot…it looks as if you will only be able to claim once and thats it then….

does the protected no claims thing have any bearing?

clubber
    Free Member

With M&S it’s always worth cancelling and re-newing anyway so give that a go.

stevemorg2

they did the same with me – I queried it and a very helpful team leader/manager managed to get it changed back to the £4k limit – I made a claim @18 months ago but my policy shouldn’t have been reviewed until next year – it might be worth having another chat with them.

A big issue for me was the £1k limit per claim (not per bike) – I’m glad I chased it thoughbut I am expecting to get hit with it next year

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i doubt you will be able to even continue a quote once you get so far with adding a recent expensive claim….

its a shame really as the cover has been so good and un rivaled, but eventually the amount of people claiming £4000 and paying £200 a year doesnt make much financial sense…..

DT78
    Free Member

Yep definitely worth doing the online quote and calling them up. I saved £400 last renewal doing that. However it does sound like the OP has a different issue than the cost as M&S appear to be offering him different terms on renewal.

Wonder when they brought this new ‘rule’ in, wasn’t there for my renewal (Jan time)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its not a new rule for everybody…if it doesnt state it you are still covered upto £4k as standard…

its only added to the policy should you have made a rather expensive claim on your renewal, and will clearly state that its been added too….

DT78
    Free Member

ah ok – my claim was over 3 years ago so it must be if it was a more recent one.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did not get penalised for my claim – but it was only £1000

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M&S insurance renewal after claim.’ is closed to new replies.