Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • M&S Insurance, bikes over £4k?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Does anyone know what would happen if I had M&S insurance, and one of my bikes was worth over £4k, which got stolen.

Would M&S pay up to £4k, or declare the insurance void as it’s worth more than £4k, due to the additional liability?

Interested to know the answer if anyone has experience, or has asked the same question. I did speak to M&S about this, but I don’t think I made myself clear enough on what I wanted to know.

Cheers for the help

Ricks

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that when you double check, that bike was only worth £3995 wasn’t it.

If it wasn’t, you’d have declared it as a separate item.

Tracey

I asked them over my Enduro, was told that it would be void and had to pay the increase in premium to get it covered. Its a whopping amount extra.

rickon
    Free Member

Interesting – I had two claims, both of which had an amount over the £4k – not much, but an amount, and they didn’t say anything at the time….

Hmmm….

GW
    Free Member

No used bike is worth more than £4K

chakaping
    Free Member

Why did you ask if you already found out for yourself?

I’m confused.

are your claims still in progress?

rickon
    Free Member

Its not for a claim, but for insuring bikes in the future. I know used the bike wouldn’t be worth 4k, but insurance replaces bikes old for new, so the sum total is usually a lot more than actual worth.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have insurance with m&s. my policy is that bikes up to £3k are insured at home and away from home if locked up. over £3k only insured at home from theft.

This is all part of Home + Contents.

tlr

Asked that very question of M&S couple of days ago. I was told that the bike would be insured, but that the max pay out would be limited to 4k.

cynic-al
    Free Member

GW – heard of “new for old”?

OP – it’ll be in the policy, I think the default is that any claim is pro-rated, but RM for instance will pay out zero.

chakaping
    Free Member

What tlr says is what happened in my case, capped at £4k.

Don’t really want to go into it any more than that here, but feel free to email me if you are still concerned.

grahamt1980

Glad someone asked this, I went with Co-op insurance but put down £2500 for the cove I have got, as that was what I paid for it 2nd hand.
    Have now switched to Green Insurance with the full £4000 (cost to replace) covered and it was about £60 cheaper.

Cheers
    Graham

bigjim

Hmm green insurance seems quite cheap. Not a single insurer on moneysupermarket would touch me for some reason?!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance, bikes over £4k?’ is closed to new replies.