Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • M&S insurance
  • 2tyred

For those with M&S buildings and contents insurance, is there anything you need to provide them with regarding bikes being covered? I can’t see anything in the online application process.

Pleased to discover M&S is around £200 cheaper than my current provider so going to switch over, just want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

Does the cover away from home extend to bikes as well?

Cheers!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

2 tyred – in theory no – and when I made a claim I just listed the spec of the bike

However it would be a good idea ( and I have done) to take pictures of all the bikes with detail of the componentry

teh cover away from hme does extend to bikes but there are caveats IIRC – not overnight unless in a building, must be locked and other stuff I can’t remeber

Cougar

teh cover away from hme does extend to bikes but there are caveats IIRC – not overnight unless in a building, must be locked

I’d have to check, but I thought that wasn’t the case.

Not that leaving your bike lying around is a particularly bright idea, but I don’t recall any such clause about locks on the insurance. They’re just covered. Could be wrong though.

iain1775
    Free Member

i phoned to check this before taking out my policy as I sometimes leave the bike in the car boot all be it chained to the three Isofix anchors and not on show at all
    M&S said thats fine away from home and still covered
    And no there is nothing to send them unless its worth more than £4k as their single item limit is £4k
    Regards at your house they are covered so long as they are within the ‘boundary of your property’ nothing about having to be locked inside a brick building like others specify

LimboJimbo

I’m currently going through a claim with them and they’ve been straight-forward to deal with so far. I would second the view about taking photographs, especially of any upgrades or if you have a custom build. Either that or keep the receipts for everything. I certainly couldn’t find any cover for the money that was better, so go for it.

MrTall
    Free Member

2 tyred

If you join up to Quidco you usually get a pretty good discount off M&S home insurance.

I took my cover out a few weeks before i started using Quidco and could have got over £40 cashback. 🙁

Edit – current offer is £45 cashback.

2tyred

Excellent, cheers folks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘M&S insurance’ is closed to new replies.