Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • M&S household insurance. Any recent changes to t&c?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Renewal time and it’s cheaper to take a new policy. Just wondering if they’re still the best for bike cover and whether there are any changes to t&c that would mean a new policy rather than rolling the old one over would be shooting myself in the foot?

PePPeR

I’ve just renewed, it’s bloody daft having to go through their renewal process each year! As far as I can tell nothing has changed, still the best and easiest cover I’ve found.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Past experience says its worth checking their web site as a “new” customer each time you come to renew – a couple of years ago their renewal quote was about £100 more than they quoted as a new customer – using exactly the same customer details, cover conditions etc.

Garry_Lager

Looking to find better meself – their travel insurance just refused me a legitimate claim over a cancelled trip using some legal boilerplate bolex. So their entire enterprise can get tae f_ck as far as I’m concerned, I’ll not be buying so much as a prawn sandwich from them.

Anyone know other good contents insurers?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, we had contents only renewal for £240. Just spent £310 going through the website for buildings AND contents AND £45 cash back!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Garry, who was the underwriter for that one? That might be where the problem lies. I’ve never had to claim but I’ve heard people say good things about them on here.

Garry_Lager

Aye their home stuff has a good rep. Travel insurance in general is a bag of shite, really. Any claim that doesn’t quite fit the usual scenarios turns into a war to get them to pay out.

hairyneep
    Free Member

Had my Heckler nicked on 3rd May, claim settled on 13th (very nicely too). Can’t fault them or Wheelies who came up with a settlement which was £200 above my top estimate.

tandemwarriors

As mentioned above, worth checking who the underwriter is.
    We went with Sainsburys insurance to get reasonable bike cover, and last friday became very glad we did. The bikes were in the garage and escaped, but we had a house fire and the place is wrecked by fire, smoke and water, we’ve lost everything. The cottage will be stripped back to just 4 outside walls then completely rebuilt over approx 12 months.
    Turns out the Sainsburys policy is supplied by Halifax, and underwritten by Lloyds. 2 hours after phoning (while the fire brigade were still damping down) £600 had been wired into our account for emergency clothes & accommodation. Had a further £1000 since and hotel expenses. Today we found a house to rent for the next year, and the insurance are covering that too.
    It was just by chance we are underwritten by Lloyds, but in that horrible moment when you need it, I’m bloody glad we are!

Rob

Stoner
    Free Member

wuh?

njee20
    Free Member

Whilst I’m pleased the outcome’s been positive TW I’m not quite sure what your point it, there are other insurers out there who would offer the same service, not just Lloyds…

M&S is underwritten by Axa.

Our household insurance is with them, despite the fact I work for another insurance company and get a very nice discount!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘M&S household insurance. Any recent changes to t&c?’ is closed to new replies.