Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M&S Household Insurance – any alternatives?
  • petrieboy

renewal is due and its not cheap. alternatives I’ve tried only cover bikes up to £1500. anyone else do the £4k limit M&S do??

Cougar

Have you asked them for a new quote rather than just looking at the renewal price?

Taff
    Free Member

Go to AA and try them. They beat my Halifax renewal by 140. tehy do go through Lloyds though so if you have an account with lloyds try them first. Lloyds also doing cashback.

sok

Following advice I received here I’m now with NFU Mutual (after a break in last year M&S will only cover my bikes up to £1500 each).
    They’re cheaper (by about £100 I think) than my M&S quote and give £4k (or £5k I’d have to check, not relevant for me!) max on each bike. The downside is that they are only covered off the property up to £1k. I only have one bike more than this and don’t let it out my sight when I’m out with it so I decided this was a better option for me than it not being suitably covered when it’s in the garage.

petrieboy

The renewal quote was actually the same as the new business quote I got on the website ao kudos to them for playing fair (unless they are doing something clever to identify existing customers via insured address)
    Will give NFU a try as the away from home cover is less important to me
    Does the AA cover expensive bikes??

Daffy

Greenbee (John Lewis)

cabeaumont
    Free Member

Another vote for John Lewis, I just renewed with then for another year

spooky_b329

Again for Greenbee, same underwriter as M&S (or was?). Worked out more expensive for me but some find it cheaper. Some small variations in small print.

andyl
    Free Member

I’m with Homeinsure – found it via comparethemerekat.

TinMan
    Free Member

Do they still do the Greenbee version, cause when you try & get a Quote & look at the policy wording, Pg 36 says “We will pay up to £1,000 for each pedal cycle (up to a maximum of £2,500 for any one claim).”?

petrieboy

Spoke to John Lewis today and they confirmed they can only cover £1000 per bike and 2.5k in a single claim. Underwriter is indeed AXA but policy is different.

grtdkad

Agreed re Greenbee. They have changed limit, I am back with M&S personally. But would welcome ideas for other insurers too..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M&S Household Insurance – any alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.