Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Mrs moan – anti ride
  • hardupdad
    Free Member

So last night I said to the Mrs would you mind if I went out for a couple of hours about 9am tomorrow (Sunday morning). She huffed and said yes as we only have Sunday together due to work commitments.

It’s now 9:15 and I have been up since 6:30 with the kids. Surely if this special day was that special she should have bounced out of bed at 6:30 with me so we could every minute of today together.

Weathers good and in stuck in house with impending in laws Sunday lunch later. Humphhhh

bruneep

You ask for permission to go out? Mtfu

falkirk-mark

Get her up just now so you can make most of that special time together.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s all about trying to keep things amicable. Don’t ask me how to do it, because I don’t know.

scotroutes

I’m sure you are up every other day at 6.30 with the kids too so you could have just explained that it was her turn this morning.

sweepy
    Free Member

Or go for your ride at seven, when she’s asleep anyway.

ton

get her and the kids a bike, or kids seats.
    make a family do of it,
    it is what i did with both kids when they were young.
    started with a trailer, moved to hamax seats and then a trailer bike.

good fun, good training.

Mrs STR notified me yesterday that the in-laws were popping round this morning and duly asked me if I’d like to go to the gym or something. This is especially good of her, as we are being subjected to lunch with my parents later

qwerty
    Free Member

Tell her you need to ride. It’s either the bike or her. Chances are you’ll be out in the woods in no time!

Spin
    Free Member

She said you could go so get dressed, pop your head round the bedroom door and say ‘that’s me off out now love’. Or am I missing something?

Or am I missing something?

Yes, the working of a womans mind

Onzadog
    Free Member

If I don’t get out on the bike often enough, I get sent out by the wife. Seems I morph into a different person without enough cycling. She clearly prefers the one that rides bikes.

It’s also the reason we have so much unfinished decorating.

globalti
    Free Member

You’ve got to stand your ground on this. Shortly after we got married and Mrs Gti had reverted to what I now know is her normal whining, insulting character (wish I’d known earlier) we had a big barney when I was getting ready to go out of my once-a-week pint with my climbing buddy. I went anyway and from then onwards the weekly lads’ night out (i.e. two pints) was at least tolerated.

ricky1
    Free Member

My mrs want me out as much as possible,I’m like a caged lion pacing up and down the house,plus she likes to clean a lot without me and the kids there.

khani
    Free Member

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission..

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s sad that dysfunction is so common. Humans are weird.

deviant
    Free Member

I guess I’m lucky like somebody else who posted up there…I get moody without exercise, doesn’t matter what, sometimes I need a bike ride, sometimes a gym session….but the other half picks up on it (I’m oblivious to it) and sends me out to do whatever I need to do.
    Apparently I come back a nicer person, she can tell from my mood roughly when I last exercised!…,I’m sure she’s part Witch.

tomkerton
    Free Member

What globalti said. Go and ride mate. You have to pick your battles and this one is worth the fight. Once you’ve given in a few times to keep the peace it sets the precedent. Be brave and go smash out some miles.

nickc

I really don’t get this. Any relationship is about give and take, presume your missus loves you and wants you to be happy, and vice versa? So talk about it, discuss a routine, and stick to it.

How hard can it be?

Spin
    Free Member

You have to pick your battles and this one is worth the fight

Wow! Married life is hard for some people.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was in the same situation 24 years ago then she moved in with my mate. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    Never looked back.

PMK2060

If we have plans to go out as a family at the weekend I don’t mind not getting out on the bike. If we are not doing anything I go out for a couple of hours. I would rather be at work that stuck in the house all day.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Long lie in for her surely equals a nice bike ride for you?

Hard to watch a nice sunny day pass you by though. I won’t get out till the kids are in bed tonight and then it’ll be 3 hours of dark cold roads 🙁

Xylene
    Free Member

How man of you are just staying together for the kids or cost of splitting up?

sweepy
    Free Member

She’s still in f@&king bed! What a waste of was a dry morning! I’m going to go check she’s alive……wish me luck.

It’s almost like she didn’t want quality time together at all, just you looking after the kids. You need more than luck mate.

mrblobby
    Free Member

How man of you are just staying together for the kids or cost of splitting up?

Haha, not me. Though I do occasionally get a bit obsessed about the training plan and need reminding of what’s really important to me 🙂

Bloody Strava and facebook. Getting messages about how nice it was on the club training ride this morning now!

cliffyc
    Free Member

My fiance is a non-biker,puts up with my geek-like love of cycling. I find the life/bike balance ok and she’s said many times to me “You not bringing the bike?”. Will instigate this year the “me on bike and her on hike” days out!. The ring she got a Christmas could have easily been an RS1……. . 😕

mrblobby
    Free Member

Cliffyc, just wait till you’re married with kids. Kids are the game changer when it comes to free time.

So did the OP get to play on his bike?

cliffyc
    Free Member

@ mrblobby,GF,(as she was,’til Christmas Day 2014 when I proposed),came with “just add water” instant family (2 sons). not planning to add to it !!. No wedding plans yet…,still to get my ring gold,no way Jose!. Titanium ring for the bikey geek! natch. 😀

dudeofdoom

I just leave Mrs DoD in bed and go early….

I was gonna sneak out and catch up with a m8 today but my dog was so excited and happy when I was putting on the knee pads that I felt to guilty to sneak off without him and ended taking him and not meeting my m8…

dogs into off-road whilst mates more road with a small bit of off-road.

aP
    Free Member

We went out at 8:25 this morning and did a 90km club run. It was fine. Had lunch, cycling clothes washed just need to be hung up, then I might be tempted into a cheeky half before tea.

MoreCashThanDash

Life get s in the way of riding, especially family life. January is a right off for me so far, not even been commuting, night rides have been a hedge trimming puncture fest, this weekend tied up with kids sports/music events, and today we got a muddy hike in around Black Rocks looking enviously at the tyre tracks in the patches of snow.

But LittleMissMC did say it was the best walk she’s done yet, so I’ll forgive her the fact that I missed my only chance so far this year of a decent ride 😉

iolo
    Free Member

You work away all week so she would like to spend as much time as she can with you on the weekends?
    What and inconsiderate bitch.
    Get rid of her immediately.

wilburt
    Free Member

NOT going out on Sunday morning results in moaning in my house.m

rjj
    Free Member

Saturday morning we both have a lie in and let the kids relax. Sunday morning I am up and out for a ride spring to autumn and winter a turbo session. Once it became a regular thing no complaints – but I go early and am back no later than about 10:30 which still allows us to spend time together and I like it that way. Thinking of taking the kids out for a Saturday morning ride once the weather warms up so the wife can still have her lie in.

yunki
    Free Member

I was in the same situation 24 years ago just over a year ago then she moved in with my mate.

Never looked back. 😀

hardupdad
    Free Member

Just to report back to the masses. Got out for an hour while she sorted herself out for the day. Was bloody windy anyway.

No was mint getting out. Not had chance much recently. Will definitely get it back into the routine.

BigJohn

Where is she hiding the key to your nuts?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Next time she’s sleeping in…..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIyQn9jRjP8[/video]

squirrelking
    Free Member

Kids are the game changer when it comes to free time.

Too right, by my reckoning I’ll get far more miles in with mini-squirrel on tow than I ever did without her.

Titanium ring for the bikey geek

Tungsten carbide for the engineer 😀

We worked out a “rota” a while back to account for all this crap, saves drama and means either of us can get a few hours or a day when we need it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Mrs moan – anti ride’ is closed to new replies.