Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mrs McGrew gets her very first new bike! (commuter content)
  • Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

At the grand old (not that old but you know what I mean) age of 30, following a succession of used and hand-me-downs my wife just picked up her very first brand-spanking-new bike.
    She was wanting something to commute on but wanted something with a bit of bling too (I may have influenced her in some way over the years) so she went for some carbon. Unfortunately Giant **** about something rotten and 6 months after ordering it, it finally arrived last week. She went to see it and spec'd it up a bit with carbon bars, stem and post then finally collected it yesterday.
    Due to a lack of hooks (and too much placterboard, wood and tools) in the garage it seems to have found it's way in to the house!
    Anyway she is mega chuffed and is glad she waited on the 2010 model as there are a few nice tweaks compared to the '09.

Giant CRS Alliance '10

Inc. the pump and co2 cart. it weighs in at 21lbs and the carbon bars have yet to be fitted.

A very well put together frame. Very good quality.

Big thanks to Escape Route and sorry for all the hassle we gave you because of Giant's muck-ups.

She's happy, I'm happy! 😀

dickydutch

I like the look of that! Looks nippy!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I had suggested a hardtail with road tires or indeed a flat barred road bike however she made her mind up on this and I must admit she's made a very good choice.
    She'll be wanting a vote next! 😉 😀
    I had a shot today and it does go very well indeed. Fast, efficient and comfortable. It'll be great for her 12 mile (round trip) commute.
    She plans to park at a Park and Ride and cycle from there building up to the full commute of 30 miles.
    That's ma' girl! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mrs McGrew gets her very first new bike! (commuter content)’ is closed to new replies.