Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mrs had phone nicked whats the chances
  • carlos
    Free Member

of it being covered by home contents insurance? Not covered on its own specific policy. 😕

Currently with M&S premium with away from home cover?

Looked through the policy and its not that clear.

Anyone had any success claiming off house insurance with this or similar?

Cheers
    Carl

Drac

If I remember rightly it’s classed as a portable device so no chance. However check your bank account as some provide mobile phone insurance in with them.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

M&S paid out on my other half’s iPod without any fuss.

carlos
    Free Member

Drac – Thought as much tbh, but you never know with insurance. Good call on the bank, I’ll ask her

Contents mentions – Personal effects which includes clothes, mp3 players, mobiles and sport equipment so will have to have another read, then wait till she gets in and call M&S

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Whatever you do, make sure you read the small print and are reasonably confident it covers the incident you’re about to claim for before you call them up.

scaredypants

try this too ? (if you want to know where it is)

br
    Free Member

Stolen or just lost/left somewhere – may make a difference.

jota180
    Free Member

Whatever you do, make sure you read the small print and are reasonably confident it covers the incident you’re about to claim for before you call them up.

Why?
    If you aren’t covered they’ll say so and explain why, there’s no penalty for asking them

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Why?
    If you aren’t covered they’ll say so and explain why, there’s no penalty for asking them

If they are decent and know what they are doing, then yes. However, I’d doubt insurers do their jobs because they love paying out on claims.

There’s no harm in arming yourself with the facts and figuring out what would and wouldn’t be covered and framing your story so it casts a favourable light on your circumstances before calling the insurer up. That way you’d give yourself the best chance of getting them to pay out with the least amount of hassle.

carlos
    Free Member

Scaredy – do you know anyone who has actually used this successfully? Not sure it’ll help as the Mrs is back home now and the phone was stolen in Cardiff.

br – stolen for sure along with cards, make-up, cash and whatever other shit women keep in clutch bags

All reported, blocked etc… Now but will have to wait till tomorrow to talk to insurance.

Trip to Apple store tomorrow is on the cards, me thinks. Prob watch Taken 2 whilst at the TC too, bit ironic but the Mrs wants to see it.

Basil

Zurich insurance
    Phone stolen at work,
    Reported to police
    Gave the insurance company the incident number,new phone provided in much the same manner as a wheelies direct bike replacement.
    Not a problem if stolen. I believe mobile devices are not covered for damage in use?

Drac

Actually that’s probably a fair point that they may be covered for theft.

njee20
    Free Member

M&S paid out for my stolen iphone straight away. Phone nicked on Sunday, £500 in account for replacement by Tuesday. No police involved, M&S phoned O2 (to whom I had reported it), and were happy.

carlos
    Free Member

Njee20 – thats the sort of post I was hoping to have read, but didn’t expect.

Cheers

carlos
    Free Member

UPDATE – Well the Mrs has just got off the phone from M&S insurance and they will cover the theft of her bag and other girly bits that were in it, as well as the phone. 😀

I’m sure she’d rather not had the hassle but the outcome is one neither of us really expected. So tomorrow its a trip to the Apple store to see about a replacement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mrs had phone nicked whats the chances’ is closed to new replies.