Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mrs Brown's Boys on BBC 1 funniest program on tele at the moment??
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

I only discovered this last night, but my god it is funny

geoffj

Despite my love for my adopted country, I just don’t get a lot of Scottish televisual humour. This is in the lot camp.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

isn’t it Irish though?? It’s written by the same people who did Father Ted???

I’m rubbish at accents

geoffj

isn’t it Irish though?? It’s written by the same people who did Father Ted???

Quite possibly – I get very confused between some Glasgow and Irish accents.

geoffj

Starting in February, a new BBC One comedy starring Brendan O’Carroll as loud-mouthed Irish matriarch Agnes Brown. Her favourite pastime is meddling in the lives of her six children.

So it is. 😳

Drac

Yup definitely Irish and it’s ok bit great but not bad.

Harry_the_Spider

It’s written by the guy who plays Mrs Brown.

I saw the stage version a few years back and from what I can remember this is the same stuff. All the forgetting lines and cameras bumping into stuff is part of the act.

Quite funny though.

northshoreniall

It’s based in Dublin, nothing like Glasgow accent! They have a play touring over here this year too, meant to be very good.

Main character is Brendan O’Carroll, writes it and most of cast his family.

rewski
    Free Member

Haven’t been able to bring myself to watch it, don’t know why, I should give it a try.

geoffj

It’s based in Dublin, nothing like Glasgow accent!

Yeah, whatever.

Harry_the_Spider

Well I didn’t know that…

From wikipedia

Cast
    The cast is, for the most part Irish throughout the series. A large majority of the main cast is played by O’Carroll’s family. For example, Cathy Brown is played by his wife, Winnie McGoogan by his sister, and Maria Nicholson by his daughter.
    Characters
    Brendan O’Carroll – Mrs Brown
    Jennifer Gibney – Cathy Brown
    Paddy Houlihan – Dermot Brown
    Fiona O’Carroll – Maria Nicholson
    Eilish O’Carroll – Winnie McGoogan
    Danny O’Carroll – Buster Brady
    Pat Shields – Mark Brown
    Amanda Woods – Betty Brown
    Rory Cowan – Rory Brown
    Gary Hollywood – Dino Doyle
    Dermot O’Neill – Granddad

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know I should hate it but it’s had me doubled over at times. I’m not sure it would be so funny if it wasn’t in an Irish accent. The episode where she waxed had me in tears.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

the waxing one was funny!

When she was doing the cross word and she said “another word for Hemaroide beginning with N and ending in N….NNNNNNNGHHNNNN”

Haha comedy gold

Shak47

There is a Scottish connection, its filmed in Glasgow.

Liked the one where she was in labour that long she had to be shaved twice. Ouch….

dazzlingboy

Maybe just me, but I switch over the second I catch sight of it – can’t stand it.

And that’s from an Irishman who lives in Scotland.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Brown's Boys on BBC 1 funniest program on tele at the moment??’ is closed to new replies.