Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • MRP/Truvativ 2×10 chain device – loosing chain !
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Just converted to a 2×10 set up and included the Truvativ (MRP) chain device (the one that uses jockey wheels as opposed to a roller).

The drive train is all X0, changed the rear mech to a medium, the front mech to a lower 2×10 specific and I’m running 42, 28 rings.

Twice yesterday and once the week before on some really rough downs the chain has come off and the chain made it past the jockey wheels in the device (which bemused me to start with). At first I thought it was a rock strike that had forced the outer plate of the jockey wheels round (I found it had rotated) which then allowed the chain to drop past the wheels etc, but yesterday the plate was still in place. All three off’s have been off the top ring and onto the crank side, it must then be pushing itself out of the jockey wheel section (with some force). I suspect the problem is the fact that the chain can drop off the top of the ring in the first place. The blurb on the web site says that the front derailleur is supposed to act as the top chain guide.

Any ideas or suggestions or experience of the same thing would be appreciated.

Vortexracing

pulls up chair, as I ‘m about to go 2 x 10 (from 1 x 10) and that chain device was the one i was going to use.

excitable1
    Free Member

On what bike, it was a challenge in itself converting 3×10 to 2×10 on my bike ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MRP/Truvativ 2×10 chain device – loosing chain !’ is closed to new replies.