• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gee.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MRP 1x – occassional chain drop – anyone else?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Have fiddled about endlessly but the chain seems to drop to the inside of the chain ring when descending on rooty rough terrain (so in smallest cog on cassette)

Have tried shifting the cage over slightly and spaced it, it now catchs and makes irritating sounds in the top 3 cogs on the back but still dropped the chain to the inside once today.

It’s not just a matter of back pedalling to get it back on as it often gets jammed and takes a few minutes of wiggling about to get it back on the chainring.

Am I just cack handed here as I haven’t heard anyone else moaning about them – I’m close to binning it and buying one of superstars cheap full guides and be done with it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its because its not a proper chainguide. Get one with a lower roller

DT78
    Free Member

Yep, I know that, but this is on my XC bike and I’m hardly descending the alps in southampton, I thought it should be good enough to keep the chain on for short rooty descents

Disappointed.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Do you have a ramped chainring?

gee
    Free Member

No problems at all here. I have 2 and they both get a lot of use. Sounds like you need to bend the bb mount piece away from the frame a little bit. I had to tweak mine a bit to get it perfect.

GB

DT78
    Free Member

Using an E13 guide ring, XTR short cage mech and KMC x9 chain.

It is on a mmmbop though which is stiff as a stiff thing and the back does get kicked around alot.

Sounds like you need to bend the bb mount piece away from the frame a little bit

Actually when I was swearing at it today I thought that, the mount doesn’t sit parallel with the ring, it leans forwards. I’ll give that a go.

gee
    Free Member

It’s easier to make these adjustments without the chainset fitted. Bit of a faff though.

GB

rOcKeTdOg

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Do you have a ramped chainring?

wot he said

gee
    Free Member

E-13 Guide rings are non-ramped.

GB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MRP 1x – occassional chain drop – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.