Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mp3 player recommendations
  • z1ppy

For a present, to use to play in car via the stereo … to an (computer/mp3 illiterate) audiophile

I’ve had a browse of the threads on here, and the Cowan came up well recommended but as a (say up £75) present, there isn’t much choice with a screen. I think a screen will be invaluable for an older person wanting to use a player in-car.. am I wrong?

We have an old (mintish) Apple 3G 8G, which I think might just be adequate (Yes yadadya sound quality will be rubbish)… until he done his own research (he’d prefer to) and bought one he actually wants (& cost £200+). If we did this, we’d obviously go looking for a proper alternative present too…

dannybgoode

would be my shout. nice and small and will take micro sd cards to expand storage.

Sound quality is very good…

z1ppy

Cheers for that Danny definitely looks a good alternative, any of the monday crowd got any other suggestions to add?

CraigW
    Free Member

I’d agree, the Sansa Clip is good. You might as well get the newest version – Sansa Clip Zip. It has a colour screen, and a few other improvements.

seavers
    Free Member

Plus one for a Sansa Clip. I have just put mine through the washing machine 🙁 If I have killed I will buy another.

chriswilk
    Free Member

reviews say the clip zip has worse sound quality. Not sure I believe them, surely it is the same components inside?
    My girls have the clip+ and are both very happy with it.

Del

seavers. don’t try to switch it on. vacuum it through all the openings. seriously. do it for about 2mins and then give it a go.
    worked for my smart phone i stuck in the washing machine for 15mins.

OP – sansa clip here too. it’s good, if a little plasticky.

z1ppy

cheer guys, sound like the sansa has a good following

Conqueror
    Free Member

Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot – Black

This one sounds interesting (on Amazon uk), no experience of it though..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mp3 player recommendations’ is closed to new replies.