Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • moyles to leave breakfast show
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I hold Chris Moyles personally responsible for the death of music radio

Only fitting that an acolyte, a child of the tyranny he put into place, takes over to continue his misdeeds. A child who has known no other way but the regime of his predecessor, and so has had his mind soiled by the unpunished crimes. The Kim-Jong Un of breakfast radio.

😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

I like his braindead chat in the morning

How ever like those that came before me its time to move on to new radio …. Time to get a portable dab i think …. Absolute or planet rock would see me good 🙂

Grimshaw is a knob . Had the misfortune of turning him off at night in the garage as he just talks pish “its like a radioshow only worse ” was his catchphrase – how apt !

binners

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who any of the people being touted as his replacement actually are!

I am deliriously happy that this is the case 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Pook – Member

You, enough to read and post anyways.

There is no conclusive evidence to prove this to be true.

Like Konastoner I am filled with incredulity that there should not only be a thread concerning the departure of Moyles from Radio 1, but that it should actually run into 4 pages.

The consequence of this bemused amazement is that I am irresistibly drawn to the thread, as I try to make sense of the apparent appeal of tabloid-type celebrity tittle tattle and pointless gossip – an issue which btw has always fascinated me.

My incredulity and fascination is further compounded by the fact that STW is the home of arrogant and judgmental middle-class wallahs, who are usually so quick to ridicule those which they perceive to have “average” intellect. Yep, truly fascinating 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Bravo bravohotelier
    Chris Moyles doing the R1 breakfast show is like someone from STW doing the R1 breakfast show. Wholly inappropriate for a yoof station.

binners

The Hora breakfast show?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Grimshaw is a knob . Had the misfortune of turning him off at night in the garage as he just talks pish “its like a radioshow only worse ” was his catchphrase – how apt !

No that’s Matt Edmonson, the show that starts with the Attenbrouh voiceover

“Hello, good evening, A formal appology from the BBC, due to XXXXXX (eg an error in the BBC canteen cashless system) you are about to endure the Matt Edmonson show, you more than likely have no idea who he is, but it would be worse, you could be YYYYYYY (argueing about celebrities on a cycling forum)”

Grimshaw’s tag line on the adverts for his show is “A completely new idea for radio, music AND talking”.

There’s an interview on the BBC site with Ben Cooper (head of Radio 1) and he makes the point that the average Radio 1 listener is 32, it’s remit is 15-29 and that’s mandated by the BBC trust. So in fact he has to dum it down even further. The annoying thing is I really liked Moyles and the nightime stuff (Zane, Nick, Annie, In new DJ’s, etc) and they’re probably at the grownup end of the spectrum.

Where does this leave the 20 somethings who don’t want to listen to Heart/Radio2 or the mid 30’s indie guitar w*** fest that is 6 miusic?

philconsequence
    Free Member

the iPod, thats the answer spoony 😀

i haven’t listened to the radio in a couple of years. sure i’m missing out on new music, but facebook and mrsconsqeuence alert me to new music i might enjoy.

ononeorange

I had to look up who he is on Google. I wish I hadn’t bothered.

Cougar

I’m in a hire car at the moment, and I really miss the DAB.

Planet Rock, Real Radio XS, the Absolute family of stations, keeps me going.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘moyles to leave breakfast show’ is closed to new replies.