Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Moving to a 1×9 set up
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

This is prob a daft question but can I just use my XT cranks and drop the big and granny rings or would it be better to get a single ring crank? only ever used single ring cranks on DH bikes not on XC.. would prefer to use my existing cranks, if thats fine will an LG1 fit over considering it will have the tabs for the other 2 rings? cheers

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Jeremy
    Free Member

You can use your xt cranks but you'll need 4 spring loaded washers (easiest option) or new bolts to keep the chainring on.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ohhh good point forgot that I would need shorter bolts

cookeaa

Shorter bolts are cheaper than new cranks….

poppa
    Free Member

Or washers. If you buy an MRP chainguide they give you some washers. Bit uglier than short bolts, but if you want I could probably post my spare ones to you. Otherwise hubjub do cheap short bolts.

slowrider
    Free Member

lg1 wii work fine with your cranks, none of the tabs stick out far enough to interfere. and wot they said about bolts

poppa
    Free Member

FWIW i'm using old LX cranks and they're fine.

SammyC
    Free Member

LG1 and XT cranks fit together perfectly:

No adjustment/modification required. Short bolts came with LG1.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

thanks all, does anyone know of anywhere that sell the short Chainring bolts cheapish? either that or in Ti to last a lifetime?.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I got short chainring bolts off charlie the bike monger – IIRC the price was fine

poppa
    Free Member
    seth-enslow666
    Free Member

loads of short bolts on ebay for around 5-6 quid. I needed some long ones and just sold my short stainless ones. Could have swapped you too.

charliedontsurf

here for £4.99 and we also have the MRP chain guides for 1×9.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/userimages/procart4.htm

I_Ache
    Free Member

MMmmmmmmm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Moving to a 1×9 set up’ is closed to new replies.