Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Moving South
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Got a 2 bedroom flat in S. London we're in the process of selling if you're interested. Fully set up for bike nuts – bike store, workshop etc.

30 minutes ride from the city, and easy train links to the (fab) Surrey Hills.

jonATfisherproductionsDOTcoDOTuk if you want more info.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Guildford/woking area isn't bad and you'll have easy access to the north downs/surrey hilld in spare time.

personally I don't mind london – spend about half my week there, but wouldn't leave brighton unless I got a monster wage increase.

simon_g

St Albans is pretty good for commuting from that way (fast frequent trains, some direct to Farringdon in about 25 mins) – not that cheap though. Can head straight out to countryside but probably better for road than MTB rides. If you must commute, try to avoid any train/tube interchange – more points of failure, more time spent, more misery.

Generally, I agree with TheBrick's post though. Better to have an hour's drive to good riding on the weekend than spend an hour an each way on a packed commuter train every single working day. If you cycle commute, there are quite a few nice, central areas that are good value because they're not within 15 mins walk of a tube station.

This generally applies more if you're young, free and single though. If you have kids, you inevitably want more space for your money and once they hit 5 then factors like local schools become more important.

Skipper
    Free Member

Mascy

What is Westcott like, then? Ive heard conflicting reports from people, some of whom say it is fantastic and others that say that there's no community spirit to speak of and too far removed from Dorking to be convenient.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Moving South’ is closed to new replies.