Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Moving I Tunes
  • liquid1000
    Free Member

How do I move I Tunes from my C drive to my D drive on my lap top so that the link still works from my desk top?

MartinGT
    Free Member

Youll have to reinstall me old mucker.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Will it simply reinstall my tunes off my ipod when I sync?
    Ta
    Steve

dt5714
    Free Member

You can move your library easy enough, leave itunes on C and move all the music to D. Then go into itunes and tell it your music is on D instead of C.

fubar
    Free Member

Do you really need to move iTunes or just your music library ? I'm sure you can move your music library without grief leaving the iTunes program where it is (and no it won't update iTunes with tunes off your ipod without 3rd party software)

liquid1000
    Free Member

how do i tell itunes where the library has moved to? Couldnt work this out last time

dt5714
    Free Member

Go into the edit tab on the top, then preferences, onto the Advanced tab (far right). The first box is the file on your C drive, click change and look for your new file…….just call it the same and it will have a D: instead of C:

liquid1000
    Free Member

Ace thanks

dt5714
    Free Member

All of my music is on a external hard drive-same process if you need it in the future…..I ran out of space on my D, just need to have it plugged in when searching for the new file.

ozzo
    Free Member

after changing the drive letter in preferences you need to make sure the re-sync the media folder – it will then copy the media to the new destination. There are 2 parts to itunes – 1 for the media and 1 for the index that tells itunes where the media actually is. It's easy to cock it all up. Do a search on the tinterweb thingy – there are some good guides out there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Moving I Tunes’ is closed to new replies.