Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Movies that you'd like to see made…
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

As inspired by the bad remake thread elsewhere on this forum of late, this thread is about the movies you wish would be made after seeing an original.

The example I'll put forth is this:
    Jules, the Samuel L Jackson character from Pulp Fiction, acts on his claim that he's giving up the gangster life to walk around the world spreading wisdom and awareness in his role as keeper of lost souls.
    I found him to be a very engaging character, and even today still wonder how he might have fared on this quest. Favourably, I'll bet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal, set in and around Wolverhampton, with the original cast from Crossroads.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

TJ the movie…….

Jezkidd
    Free Member

American tabloid – a book by James ellroy

Jezkidd
    Free Member

The dark knight returns – graphic novel by frank miller

loddrik
    Free Member

John Carpenters four funerals and a wedding…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

UK Freeride Legends featuring…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

smee the movie

Black
    Free Member

Star Wars sequal along the lines of the novels by Timothy Zahn.

Conn Igulden's Rome Trilogy.

A proper go at 40K.

Isaac Asimovs Foundation Series, starting ith the Prequal "Prelude to Foundation"

A Big Budget Remake of Dune.

….I like Sci-Fi at the cinema,

dr_death
    Free Member

Agree with some of those Black…

What about a stab at some of the Ian M Banks novels??

Onzadog
    Free Member

Always wanted to see the Andy McNab "Nick Stone" books made into films but I'm not sure they'd live up to the books themselves.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The dream I had the night before last – it was mental fun and I could feel myself waking up and didn't want to.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Zac Goldsmith – Lust For Glory".

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A proper go at 40k would be awesome!

Bedds
    Free Member

I agree with you Onzadog.. I had thought the first book was being made into a film..

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did get to chat with Mr McNab last year. He hinted that they were making Firewall (seems it would be called Echelon). I know one of the studios has the right to make the first book into a film but I think they've been sitting on it for a long time.

ruminant
    Free Member

ABC Warriors or Strontium Dogs from 200AD

Just do a better job than the Judge Dredd/Stallone shite

Oh and Judge Death (the origins of)

DezB
    Free Member

Another Incredibles film wouldn't go amiss.

jon1973
    Free Member

The dream I had the night before last

Is it the sort of dream they would only be able to show is a restricted number of Soho theatres?

My choice would be a film based on the novel 'The Chrysalids' by John Wyndham.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it the sort of dream they would only be able to show is a restricted number of Soho theatres?

Nah – if I had that sort of dream it would have been over quickly and long before I woke up 😆

It was an 'End of Days > twist through space and time to a new earth > perfect human environment protected by the earth > earth fights back' kind of thing. Very vivid and I really enjoyed it.

kimbers

well there is another dredd reamke in the works
    http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/07/details-alex-garlands-judge-dredd.html

id love to see alister reynolds revelation space series, dark, dark, dark

dan simmonds hyperion books

and ilium/olympos

donks
    Free Member

On the theme of 2000AD comics i would quite like to see a Slaine,

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A proper go at 40k would be awesome!

kimbers

oh and Y the last man would be ace but best done as a tv series, shia lebouf is playing the lead in the in teh movie adaptation and 355 is played by alicia keyes which is worrying and i think theyve dropped dr mann out of it

its all very worrying because its such a brilliant story, knowing that hollywood will sanitize and neuter it depresses me

kimbers

oh yeah and a battletech movie would be gisworthy

organic355
    Free Member

I heard theres a new Lara croft movie in the making, but not Angelina. Was trying to find pics of the new leading lady, it isnt the one below but, Blimey!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmm…

Sci-Fi:

Rendezvous With Rama
    Footfall

Comedy:

Skinny Legs 'n All

Historical:

The Battle Of Britain, but without any American audience friendly rewriting, Ben Afflect did not win the BoB for us.

organic355
    Free Member

I would like to see "House of Leaves" made into a movie.

retro83
    Free Member

I heard theres a new Lara croft movie in the making, but not Angelina. Was trying to find pics of the new leading lady, it isnt the one below but, Blimey!!

Good heavens

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Movies that you'd like to see made…’ is closed to new replies.