Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Mourinho's gone!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Chelsea are idiots. Short termsim in the extreme. He’s having a bad season but he’s still the best manager in the world now Ferguson has retired.

As a Liverpool fan and under Klopp I’m certain we’ll start to be contenders again in the coming seasons and having Mourinho gone makes me even more optimistic.

I’d be gutted if I were a Chelsea fan tbh.

There’s no way someone like Guardiola is going to leave a club like Bayern for Chelsea so I don’t see who they think will
    be an improvement, other than maybe Ancelotti, but he’d be stupid to go back too.

scaredypants

Hmmm, dunno – he’s quite good at shopping but seems to be a bit of a knob, TBH

dooosuk
    Free Member

Money on Rodgers until the end of season and then Guardiola next year?

Daft if it’s a short term appointment they make now.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It was obvious…..but still hilarious! How the mighty fall eh! 😀

I live in Chelseaville and there were a LOT of Chelsea fans who didn’t want him back in the first place. He’s a great manager…..for a couple of years when he then seems to go out of his way to piss people off. Its happened everywhere he’s been.

Seeing as Hazard was in a ‘relationship’ wiv the doc, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that there was a LOT going on in the background that no one was aware of.

Coyote
    Free Member

Not a football fan but the way he treated the doctor was nothing short of disgraceful.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I hope they get relegated.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

John Terry for player/manager

For Chelsea’s sake, hopefully he’ll sideline himself for the rest of the season.

scaredypants

John Terry for player/manager

actually that might answer a few questions

scaredypants

… wonder where the sacked one will go next

gobuchul
    Free Member

I wonder what the odds are for him as next Man Utd manager?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think Mourinho is massively overrated not least by himself. Not quite the “Special One” now. OP, “best manager in the world” is ridiculous and totally unjustified. He’s a defensive coach who likes his team to score on the break. He’s been totally found out this year as Chelsea’s defence has been dire. That being said Chelsea hired him so to sack him beef Christmas the year after they win the PL is madness.

I think the odds on them being relegated have just gone up significantly

Gaudiola is going to Manchester City, he’s due to make an announcement this week.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They probably need someone to inspire them and actually get the players to want to play football for Chelsea. Dunno whether Terry is the man to do that, but he’s certainly Chelsea through and through.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

how about bayern munich at the end of the season?

MrSmith
    Free Member

I was really interested in seeing how the best club manager in the premiership was going to work his way out of the bottom of the table, a harder task than battling for the title from 2-3rd.
    It was probably the hardest test of his abilities he has ever had to face and I’m disappointed he’s not there to see that through.
    Hopefully Chelsea get a world class replacement not some premiership cast offs like before.

loddrik
    Free Member

I think Mourinho is massively overrated not least by himself. Not quite the “Special One” now. OP, “best manager in the world” is ridiculous and totally unjustified. He’s a defensive coach who likes his team to score on the break. He’s been totally found out this year as Chelsea’s defence has been dire. That being said Chelsea hired him so to sack him beef Christmas the year after they win the PL is madness.

He’s won trophies everywhere he’s been. Ok the football isn’t much fun but he gets results. In years to come record books remember trophies, not pretty football. When we could have won the league a couple of seasons ago he came to Anfield and taught Rodgers a lesson in getting a result and that was that for our title ambitions.

binners

There seems to be a lot more wrong at Chelski than is going to be solved by getting yet another new manager in. The same squad that coasted to the premiership last season look like they’ve never met each other before.

I hope they make Terry player manager. The fans will then hail him as the messiah, while forgetting that he’s a nasty poisonous, obnoxious self-serving little scrote, who has no chance of galvanising a squad as a manager. I always get the feeling that John Terry could be half the problem with whats going on at Chelsea at the moment. He usually is

wanmankylung
    Free Member

… wonder where the sacked one will go next

Man Utd.

loddrik
    Free Member

I was really interested in seeing how the best club manager in the premiership was going to work his way out of the bottom of the table, a harder task than battling for the title from 2-3rd.
    It was probably the hardest test of his abilities he has ever had to face and I’m disappointed he’s not there to see that through.
    Hopefully Chelsea get a world class replacement not some premiership cast offs like before.

Most clubs would feel that he’s earned the right to have a bad season and give him the chance to rebuild. I would agree. Chelsea have proven time and time again that they are too impatient.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@loddrik – I respect his record, its excellent but all achieved that way i just mentioned. I watched Real beat Barcelona in the Copa del Ray once in a bar in Spain and Real made zero effort to attack, just waited for a chance to hit Barca on the break. It was very dull. Same at Porto, Inter and Chelsea.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Most clubs would feel that he’s earned the right to have a bad season and give him the chance to rebuild

He’d be under pressure for having a bad season if they were in say 6th. They need a significant turnaround just to reach the top half of the table. This isn’t “having a bad season” it’s a complete, unparalleled implosion.

loddrik
    Free Member

But he’s won. Time and time again. And that’s what counts. And I think he’s a pretty vile character but he wins trophies.

Chelsea are still a smallish club with lots of money. And that mentality shows.

Klunk
    Free Member

£10 on roberto di matteo (and another champions league win)

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan and under Klopp I’m certain we’ll start to be contenders again in the coming seasons and having Mourinho gone makes me even more optimistic.

🙄

binners

Anyone know how much its cost Abramovich this time? Its a nice little earner getting sacked as Chelsea manager. Didn’t he make something like 25 million last time he got the boot?

Klunk
    Free Member

£40 mil was the figure I heard, almost like Jose engineered it 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Please not Brenda! Fans will just bide their time and wait for him to fail/leave like the last scouse reject imposed upon them. 😐

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

He’d be under pressure for having a bad season if they were in say 6th. They need a significant turnaround just to reach the top half of the table. This isn’t “having a bad season” it’s a complete, unparalleled implosion.

And it can’t be the players’ fault. It’s either the manager or those above.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think the odds on them being relegated have just gone up significantly

Nah….quite the opposite. All of a sudden they’ll pull themselves together and start grinding out results.

binners

If Brenda gets appointed, expect to see a lot more female physios

Hellooooooo laydeeeeeeez 😀

gatsby
    Free Member

FFS guys, can we have a spoiler alert???

Hardly worth me watching the ******g Ten O’Clock News now, is it!?!

binners

In all seriousness: who on earth would want that job, for anything other than the massive pay off when you’re sacked?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

To be fair to Mourinho it can’t be easy performing well when his father is seriously ill. A break is probably the best thing for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays out of management for a while.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

If Brenda gets appointed, expect to see a lot more female physios

Eva isn’t a physio, she was the club doctor.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

In all seriousness: who on earth would want that job, for anything other than the massive pay off when you’re sacked?

Well, I’d give it a go!

robdob
    Free Member

“A break is probably the best thing for him.”

You would be best taking your own advice….. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@loodrick, yes I know he’s won and it’s professional sport so that counts for a lot, perhaps everything. I just cannot call him the “best” or frankly even “special”, he is effective. Well he was 🙂

I am sure we will see more these

BBC: The Unhappy One

Rockape63
    Free Member

I wonder what the odds are for him as next Man Utd manager?

Very high IMHO. He was ruled out last time because he’s poison and that’s only been reinforced.

badnewz
    Free Member

They should have never sacked The Tinker Man.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The had the odds from the beginning of the season on sky sports after the Leicester game. An accumulator on Leicester to win the league and Chelsea to be demoted would be 1/25,000,000!

I bet there are a few bookies in Leicester having sleepless nights just with the 1/5000 they offered on them to win it!

dannyh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want that job……… for anything other than the massive pay off when I’m sacked.

For me, the massive payoff is the clincher – Roman, are you accepting offers off the street, or do you only work through recruitment agents? Either way, I’d be glad to be considered for the role.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Mourinho's gone!’ is closed to new replies.