Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mounting cameras to bike's question
  • downs523
    Free Member

Hi just wondering where people mount their video cams to their bikes and what sort of mounts they use, I have a go pro HD but it comes with the helmet mount and want to use it on my bike frame. I like the suspension view I see online a lot so what’s other peoples set up and what do you use??
    Thanks

Neil-F
    Free Member

I mounted my phone on me seatpost a few times, gives a great insight into just how much work your fork does. Cockcam I call it, due to the point of view. It’s better to have someone riding in front of you though.

alfabus
    Free Member

Mounting cameras to bike’s question

Whereabouts on the bike is the ‘question’? I’m not sure my bike has one of those.

oink
    Free Member

seatpost looking back, under top tube looking back or forward – shock/fork movement, under bars looking down, bottom of fork looking back – the rollbar mount for go pro is useful as it fits a wider range of tubes.
    a few examples here…
    [video]http://vimeo.com/17704648[/video]

downs523
    Free Member

Thanks, how reliable are the adhesive mounts that come with the go pro, are they strong enough to be stuck on the bike frame, will it damage the paint?

Mister-P
    Free Member

The rollbar mount is the way to go. I don’t think there is an adhesive mount that is curved enough to fit a bike tube.

downs523
    Free Member

Roll bar seems the most secure then, just wondering if it will fit around an orange 5 frame??

yodagoat
    Free Member
    downs523
    Free Member

Just been on that website but wouldn’t have a clue which would fit the go pro camera?!?!?

downs523
    Free Member

Cheapest I can find the roll bar mount for the go pro is £20 anyone seen it cheaper??

yodagoat
    Free Member

For the ram mounts just go for any camera mount and buy a gopro to tripod adaptor.

samuri
    Free Member

The bar mounts that come with it seem to be pretty good. You can fit them to any tube easily enough and adjust them to point in the right direction.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mounting cameras to bike's question’ is closed to new replies.