Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • mounting a joystick underneath the bars, anyone do it?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

got a joystick to use as a helmet light off road and also as a bar light on the road bike for coming home in the dark after evening rides.

Anyway, for two reasons i’m thinking of mounting it under the bars – one is i can’t fit it by the stem beside my big fat garmin 1000 and then my bars change from round to flat a bit further out from the stem which makes mounting it further out difficult. Secondly, if i have a bright light on the top of the bars i get a really annoying bright spot reflecting back off the gear cables as mine aren’t run under the bar tape like the latest shimano shifters.

So just wondering what the joystick bar mount is like, does the light ever pop out (will be on road so hopefully not too bumpy!). I know theres a lanyard to use but just seeing if anyone runs it like this or has tried it with good / terrible experiences?!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No. Get a proper mount for the garmin, and sort yer cables out.

STATO
    Free Member

2 mount options for the joystick, the basic plastic clip that fastens to the bar, or the metal qr bracket with plastic joystick clip. I’ve used both under the bars, no problems at all. Use the lanyard to make sure it doesn’t go awol if you clip it with a knee.

TiRed

Never had a problem under the bars on the road. It has never popped out of the bracket. I’ve never hit it with my knee either. You could get a combined Go Pro and Garmin mount and place it under the Garmin for a neat look. My Fly 12 does this (same lumens with HD camera).

Never used a lanyard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘mounting a joystick underneath the bars, anyone do it?’ is closed to new replies.