Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mounting a garmin cadence sensor on a bike with disc brakes and cable.
  • damascus
    Free Member

Just realised I have a cable running on my non drive side chainstay where the cadence sensor would mount. I thought it would mount upside down but now I’m not so sure. A few solutions are to use other makes of sensor but I wondered if anyone has found a fix?

I’m wondering now if it’s time to get the sugru out and make a raised bracket?
    Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks

scotroutes

If you are only using it for cadence – and not speed/distance – then you could mount it on the seat tube, or on the non-drive side chainstay if that’s easier.

jim
    Free Member

Newer Garmin sensors just attach to the crank for cadence and hub for speed, nothing on the frame:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-bike-speed-sensor-and-cadence-sensor-010-12104-00.html

mattsccm
    Free Member

The new ones look good but pricey. Can’t you just shove it in. Upside down is fine anyway

TiRed

Just mount it upside down.

shedfull
    Free Member

Mine’s under the chainstay (Roubaix). It means the arm is trailing away from the rotation of the wheel so, if you kick the sensor, it’s flicked back out by the next spoke, not dragged in and trashed.

damascus
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’ve mounted it upside down and it works great.

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mounting a garmin cadence sensor on a bike with disc brakes and cable.’ is closed to new replies.