• This topic has 58 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Mountainbiking – a eulogy for a friend
  • jamj1974

Brilliant post. Very moving and chimes so well with the way I feel about it.

All the very best.

nemesis
    Free Member

Fastastic to hear you’re back on the bike 🙂

But… this being STW and all, how do you get back down the hill?

skinnyboy
    Free Member

Inspiring.

racefaceec90

wow is all i can say from reading your post slowmedown.

i suffer with depression (which has stopped me riding my bike,as well as laziness tbh also 😳

reading your post reminds me that i used to feel exactly the same as you when riding my mountain bike (or any bike for that matter).

i want that feeling back again 😀

may i wish you and anyone in similar circumstances my very best wishes to continue to do what you enjoy doing. you certainly prove that an illness won’t stop you doing what you love.

peace and good luck to you all (man 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Excellent post, sad and inspirational at the same time

I often get similar symptoms, although been tested positive for Lyme a few years ago

MussEd
    Free Member

What they all said ^^^^ Stick in mate!

pictonroad

Got to smile at someone who takes so much enjoyment from riding a bike to the top of hill just to fall off it. 😆

wallop

How about a new role as a stoker on a tandem?

ton

keep on keeping on mate.
    never give in something you love with a passion, because it makes you who you are.

and good luck in the future……. 8)

slowmedown
    Free Member

thanks guys, lovely sunny afternoon here, just off up the hill behind the house, just to fall off. Bring it on

molgrips
    Free Member

Good work 🙂

PS try road biking? It can be great fun just like MTBing if you do it right.

teamslug
    Free Member

Great piece of writing, maybe a journo for singletrack is your calling…keep strong and smiling…….this sentence hits the spot…had exactly the same thing on Sunday over Langsett ” look into a mates eyes, see the searing rush of adrenaline and know there are no words to share the understanding of what you’ve both just done with anyone else.” and thanks for your hard work on the Marin trail…one of the first and still a good ride…

digga
    Free Member

slowmedown – Member
    just to fall off

That’s all any of the rest of us do really.

eshershore
    Free Member

@slowmedown

Inspirational writing and fantastic attitude to living your life

Happy trails whether on two wheels, or on an airborne wing 🙂

matt_outandabout

Respect to you for dealing with what life is throwing at you.
    *fist bump* for the riding tales.

tang
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing and hope the trail is kind where ever it leads you.

geoffj

@slowmedown

Of course we all have google, but if you haven’t seen this before, it might be worth a gander:

http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org

I hear very good things about it!

It’s a bit like Swank on steroids 😀

Good luck!

slowmedown
    Free Member

ssssimon, hope it isn’t, but diagnosis can help, there is lots of help out there most of my symptoms are better with drugs and lifestyle changes than they would be without

racefaceec90 depression sucks, and is a common symptom of MS and an old friend of mine. My MS has progressed to a stage where I am rarely down now, I don’t have the attention span

molgrips road scares me, imagine getting to a junction having to stop, fall over unable to balance on your feet and unable to stand up for 5 minutes…

Paragliding is bril, and I have flown again, but its a bit tricky, I find take off mostly OK but landing is nearer crashing, legs no use at all can’t even jump off a kerb and not fall over, but I am enjoying it even if it leaves me very travel sick.

ride up the hill this afternoon was lovely

mlke
    Free Member

Good on you for getting back on the bike
    Oh and a second vote for considering stoking a tandem as they’re a hoot

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Mountainbiking – a eulogy for a friend’ is closed to new replies.