• This topic has 28 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Mountain photo award – winner a bit meh, but someone's got a bike packing shot
  • kcal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-34724709

I have to say am slightly underwhelmed by the winner. Decent photo but not outstanding. Looks like a bike packing shot from Dartmoor in top ten though, anyone here? 🙂

BoardinBob

The winning shot isn’t meh. It’s absolutely shit (compared to the others)

mikey74
    Free Member

I’d say the winner is the worst of the examples they give on that link.

jam-bo

that’s teignhead farm I think. seen that photo on bearbones I think.

the winner is a bit meh. Maybe it looks better biggerer.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I thought the same, Id’ have put it last out of that lot I think!

scotroutes

Dunno. At least it looks “honest”. Some of the others are so obviously manipulated.

lunge

The winner really is a bit “meh” compared to the others isn’t it? I really like the Corn Du, Brecon Beacons one but they are all very good.

nedrapier

I’m guessing the winner just got the most votes in an online competition? So he just spammed more people with requests than any of the others.

fasthaggis

The winner really is a bit “meh” compared to the others isn’t it?

Yeah, but, but he almost died taking it, so if that really happened then that makes the snap totally awesomes.

veedubba

My mate took the B&W Blencathra one and I can attest to the voting system being biased to the person who has the most effective spamming advertising campaign.

bartyp
    Free Member

My mate took the B&W Blencathra one

That was my favourite. It’s a beautiful photograph. Please pass on my compliments to your mate.

D0NK

this

Dunno. At least it looks “honest”.

yeah but I can take “honest” pics on my mobile

ads678

How the fek did that win, the blencathra is stunning. All of them are compared to the winner!

greenboy
    Free Member

Hmm, Sepp Blatter wasnt on the judging panel was he?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’s shit and it’s a shot that everyone who walks up CMD probably has a version of, most of them at least as good.

*googles cmd*

avdave2

Actually they all look like a bunch of generic shots of what people consider to be good photos. All of them just more of the same. If it were music we’d all be saying they were totally derivative even plagiaristic . For some reason in photography a lot of people seem to want to simply recreate what others have done. I suppose going back to music most people just play covers rather than write their own material but at least that seems more honest and personally I think more interesting than taking “cover” photos.

Discuss 🙂

trademark
    Free Member

Blencathra for me.
    “Winning” pic looks like a hasty snapshot.

D0NK

All of them just more of the same.

vemodalen?

avdave2

I was watching a video yesterday DONK that mentioned the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows and then today I google a “word” and I’m there.

Drac

I’m guessing the winner just got the most votes in an online competition? So he just spammed more people with requests than any of the others.

Surely not. Are you suggesting people would use social media and forums saying vote for my pic please? You’d never see such a thing on here.

mrsfry
    Free Member

The one that left the bikes outside the tent should be left out 😯
    Those woodland badgers are notorious for woodland bike crime

bartyp
    Free Member

I really think the Bencathra picture deserves to be shown here too:

timidwheeler

I like the Tryfan one but only because I have been up there in very similar weather.

ahwiles
    Free Member

from the tragic greyness of my desk, they all look awesome.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Snowdon, Snowdonia, by Dave Atkinson

That’s my winner right there.

slowoldman

I’d say the winner is the worst of the examples they give on that link.

Me too.

nedrapier

Just seen these on another news site. The winner really is very average. The horizon isn’t even straight, FFS!

nickc

Tfyfan wins for me.

winner distinctly average

grum
    Free Member

The Blencathra one is quite nice. The general standard is really quite poor though.

I’d take pretty much any one of jad off here’s photos over all the top 10.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Mountain photo award – winner a bit meh, but someone's got a bike packing shot’ is closed to new replies.