Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem: Warning about bike thefts if you haven't heard already…
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

Just in case anyone has missed this – R3 of the British XC Series at Margam and the Bristol BikeFest were both targeted by what appears to be the same gang of theives. They scoped out the venues in the day time, then returned at night in a van, broke into other vans and stole a number of bikes.

Don't leave your stuff unattended or out of sight at any time. Sad as it sounds, this is probably here to stay.

GB

stumpy01

Not that I am attending this event, but I am quite concerned now about leaving my bike in the changeover area at events for this reason…..not exactly practical to lock the bike up!

0091paddy
    Free Member

This thread should be a sticky.

Keep them in your eye line at all times people!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

good advice fella

I'm getting stressed over it to be honest!!

locked up at changeover – fine by me, if it costs my team a few mins to unlock the bikes so be it at least we'll have bikes to ride!!

coming armed with [/u]uber locks to at least try and protect my gear

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

It always amazes me at just how much money's worth of bikes get left unlocked and unattended at events like this.

Take an enduro event such as the CRC/Meridas. The amount of bikes that are just left leaning up against the side of the main tent while the owner wanders around inside is just staggering. I'm surprised that bike theft at events such as this isn't more widespread given the fact that a lot of riders are just giving theiving gits an open invitation to make off with their bikes.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I must say, I never leave my bike unattended. Even when I go on holiday I take my (best) bike to my mum and dad for safty (just incase my house gets broken in to)

If they gets left in the car for more that 2(or so) mins it gets locked to the instde of the car.

Maybe a bit over protective about my bikes though, but there my baby's…

big_n_daft
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem: Warning about bike thefts if you haven't heard already…’ is closed to new replies.