Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2018
  • grtdkad

Any more news on Pat’s plans for Mountain Mayhem 2018?
    The carrot has been dangled but I’ve not been privy to any more updates other than “…as groundbreaking as the first MM was twenty years ago”, “mountain biking in its purest form”, “start and finish at a nationally recognised tourist attraction”.

Any one close to developments know how planning is going – has Pat got the green light?

jonny-m
    Free Member

Not heard anything. Still waiting for an email regarding feedback/suggestions etc.

Hopefully the new venue isn’t any further south!

grtdkad

Yup. Eastnor was on my doorstep, Gatcombe not too bad for travelling to.

I’m starting the sweepstake with a Chatsworth House base for 2018 though it would be a shame if there were no more events at Gatcombe given how well that course rides now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If it does move north I’d be up for it again, but changing venue isn’t revolutionary format change

grtdkad

Totally agree FD. But the snippets suggest revolutionary change and a change in venue (perhaps dependant on a change in venue)??

qwerty
    Free Member

I think to get an inkling of whats going on you’ll need to apply some thumb screws to Tangs testicles.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I reckon it’s going to change format to say a couple of day time 6hr races and a 12hr over night job.

Open to solo, pairs and fours

jonny-m
    Free Member

Quite possibly, would appeal to a wider audience then for sure.
    Hopefully we’ll find something out in the next couple of months….?

teamslug
    Free Member

I tried to squeeze some info out of Pat and Alec at Singletrack 7 and again after just about everyone had gone from mayhem I was talking to Pat on Sunday evening. The only thing I could glean was that it wont be any further north than Gatcombe. I think steve_b77 has got it about right. Shame cos they had the course nailed this year and I love the 24 hour challenge.

grtdkad

Agree the Gatcombe course just got better year on year (tho’ that first year there was a c***).

Steve-B maybe right and that choice of format will bring in the numbers I reckon. But what is the ‘groundbreaking’ factor?

grtdkad

Any clues?

Where have we been today?#mysterymayhem

Posted by Mountain Mayhem 24hr on Wednesday, August 16, 2017

steve_b77
    Free Member

That’s Dalby forest by all accounts, although I don’t know what the nationally recognised tourist attraction is in that area.

grtdkad

No idea Steve-B, NYMR?
    Dalby or a forest based format doesn’t feel groundbreaking…

**waits patiently for more news**

steve_b77
    Free Member

What’s “NYMR”?

teamslug
    Free Member

North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Steam trains n all that.

earl_brutus

haven’t ridden it since 2011 when it was just slogging round a muddy field. kind of lost interest to be honest but could be re-enthused if the course was actually a bit mountain!

votchy
    Free Member

The only thing I could glean was that it wont be any further north than Gatcombe.

That rules Dalby out then shirley

superstu
    Free Member

I only did Mayhem once (last year) and to be honest I felt the course was really poor. Comparing it to Pivot 2412 in Plymouth that I did this year and there’s no contest which was the better to ride.

Says something when I enjoyed Pivot even though the rain was horrendous and it was a muddy crash fest more than a sunny Mayhem the previous year.

I’m up for a change of venue as likely to do it next year.

grtdkad

Any more rumours?
    It’s all gone a bit quiet since June, starting to think of other plans for next June now…

Who’s close to Pat and the team on here now then eh?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Heard nothing, all the social media feeds have gone quiet

grtdkad

Yup. Looking increasingly like the logistics of the 2018 may be a tad complex.
    I had a nice chatter with Pat on the Thursday night pre this year’s event and he sounded genuinely excited about how MM was going to evolve next year ‘back to the roots of XC MTB’, and somewhere special.

grtdkad

…so they’re resting the Lightning Run “to make time to work on new projects”

Hi all, we have decided to give Lightning Run a rest in 2018 to make some time to work on some new projects.Thanks to everyone that has supported the event over the years.

Posted by PVS Events ltd on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

‘kin water-tight secrecy is a pita

xcstu
    Free Member

Did I miss something? Thought pat was calling it a day on MM??

grtdkad

In its current format Stu. We’ve been told (by Pat directly and also at the riders briefing this year) that it will look different next year and he’s excited (caveat: if he can make it happen).

grtdkad

While MM is on a sabbatical until 2019, Pat’s team have kindly organised this beauty…

https://www.fulcrum-events.co.uk/singletrack7

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2018’ is closed to new replies.