Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mountain biking study
  • jamesnevitt
    Free Member

All,

I’m currently carrying out a survey to try and find out how often and how successfully we use public rights of way in our mountain biking. The survey data is to be used for my final dissertation in Access and Recreation Management.

A little more info can be found via the link. The survey takes about 10 minutes to do and your input would be massively appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W98X2C5

Many thanks,

James

druidh
    Free Member

I had to add “All Mountain” to the “Type of Riding” question 😉
    “Hand Held” GPS – no option for bar mount?

You should perhaps make it clear if you are after the opinions of those living outwith Englandandwales.

saxabar
    Free Member

Done!

redthunder
    Free Member

I’m fed up with all these dissertation surveys 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

Done. Although if that is the basis for an MSc….. I’m somewhat underwhelmed. Yet another survey for yet another qualification that seems to be less than rigourous.

will1991
    Free Member

Done, I assume the GPS question is with regard to ones you can use to follow routes? I don’t use one of them but do use a gps to track my rides.

redthunder
    Free Member

Done:

7. Please indicate the 5 aspects of mountain biking that are most important to you?

Why only five ?

cakefacesmallblock

Done. But, constructively meant, if we accept that apart from motorways etc, all roads are public rights of way, your survey results probably wont come vaguely close to dealing with the issues I think you are looking at.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Done

coma2s
    Free Member

Done re. the GPS, Technically I use one (GPS on my phone) but its not for navigation like I think the question means its for tracking my route to see where I have been.

gusamc
    Free Member

done, but can I suggest you maybe redefine/take care with the ‘improvments’ question – ie I personally don’t want someone to take improved as meaning we want trails surfaced and flattened.

Crell
    Free Member

Done, though I wasn’t really sure where you were going with it. By including Footpaths in the questionaire you’re going to skew your results – you need to exclude FP’s from all the qualitative questions about experience and improvement – and maybe ask the obvious question of change of use from FP to BW to improve the network for mountain bikes / cyclists in general.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Done. Same points as above. At the end I added:

To be granted rights to use Public Footpaths and other trails available to pedestrians under the CRoW Act. “A bike is not a horse”.

redthunder
    Free Member

and jamesnevitt

? Profile
    History

will never return to this site 🙂

I wonder how many dissertation I’ve helped with 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking study’ is closed to new replies.