• This topic has 19 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mountain biking is awesome. Fact.
  • Kryton57

Twice this week I’ve been out on these early sunny mornings into a dry dusty forest hitting the trails. Pacing the climbs, leaning the bike around fast single track descents, watching the exits to berms in the shadows of the early morning sun, “at one” with the bike just hovering above the saddle letting the bike find the grip in the loose dusty floor, whilst looking forward to see grey squirrels cross the trails before I arrive speeding through the dappled sunlight.

It makes you realise how lucky we are.

oldnpastit

This is an actually true fact.

weeksy

Sums it up nicely for me. Had a massive deer running in front of us the other night in the forest.

tenfoot

My mountain bike is out of action at the moment, but rather than just ride on the road, I’ve been taking my arkose on many of the off road routes I’d normally ride. It’s a bit slower than full on mtb, but I just can’t face solely trudging along the tarmac.

fathomer

*likes*

Klunk
    Free Member

Mountain biking is awesome. Fact.

fify

wanderer
    Free Member

Completely agree
    mtb is life!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No need for a fact check on this one..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Double helping of pudding for you tonight, Kryters.

mildbore

Been doing just this sort of thing around my local forests lately, having just given up alcohol for the time being. It’s making life worthwhile while my brain and body adjust to clarity

tthew

Been out for 15 miles with SWMBO this afternoon. Down the Whitegate Way, (un-hardcore old railway path) with a stop off for a glass of wine at half way. Even though I went on my mountain bike, it hardly counts as a mountain biking. Was still ace.

atlaz
    Free Member

Riding bikes in general is awesome. I had a 2 hour, mostly fog-bound ride today but loved it. Occasionally I’d clear the top of a hill and be in brilliant sunshine then plunge back down into fog. Even got to hammer it down the main road into the city with almost traffic around taking almost 2 mins off my best time down there (I may have totally ignored most red lights)

makkag
    Free Member

I’ve been stressed over house purchase , work , breakup and generally being worn out after a difficult year for the business and everything else. hardly any biking as all my gear is in storage for last 8 months. Just done 4 days in north Wales taking in Stiniog in the wet , snowdon in the damp , and CYB in glorious sunshine .. im healed, going back tomorrow positive as you like and going to tear life a new one

smokey_jo

Despite having to walk down the last 20 mins descent due to one to many mechanicals i have to agree

zinaru
    Free Member

this weekend and last weekends big rides were both absolutely amazing. stunning blue skies and the trails drying out a little. a wee bit heat in the sun and nature waking up after a long gray winter. the best riding in months and im no fair weather guy.

getting out on my bike is really important to me – its time away from everything (not that im running from anything bad) and always makes me feel better. going out, im always solo and even managed to clear a couple of sections ive wimped out of before all have me buzzing.

yup, mountain biking is awesome.

leffeboy

Fact

RepackRider
    Free Member

Hard to imagine how my life would have turned out if it were not for mountain biking.

mb51
    Free Member

It gets in your blood. Better than any drug. Plus it keeps you young in body and sharp in mind.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fake news.Sad

nickc

word.

Crashed hard twice on a ride on Friday, still want to get back out this week as the evenings are looking sweet.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking is awesome. Fact.’ is closed to new replies.