Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mountain biking in Brittany and Normandy…is there any?
  • exupmonkey
    Free Member

Hi all, the wife and I recently spent 12 days doing trail centres the length and bredth of Wales in our Campervan and loved it. Thinking about heading to the North of France in August but an initial trawl of the web is not really revealing much in the way of MTB locations. Anyone out there got any info? Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Northern France is lovely for touring around but it isn’t known as an MTB Mecca. Foret de berce is nice. Tbh I would be tempted to head a bit further and have a tour round the Alps which will be stunning and has fantastic riding

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Look at an area called ‘La Suisse Normande’, we spent a few days in a small town called Domfront doing some of the town sponsored VTT routes. Nothing technical but lovely rolling countryside and warm weather. It was perfect for the wife who isn’t really a mountain biker. Food and wine goes without saying…

ianv
    Free Member
    neilthewheel

Another vote for Suisse Normande. If you like riding sunken lanes and hidden woodsy singletrack that pop out in undiscovered villages then you will like it too.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Suisse Normande does look like a nice place to stay, plenty to do. Thanks for that 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP there was a thread on this a week or so ago, I posted up the VTT map for Suisse Normandy. You should be able to find it via search and/or my posting history. It’s a nice area not too far from Caen ferry plus you have the coast and the d-day beaches.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Les Monts des Arees in Brittany are nice, like a less technical Dartmoor. You can get trail maps at the cycle centre in Morlaix.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Suisse Normande is stunning.

The Normandy coast isn’t great for MTB, but lovely road rides around Les Bocages and the lovely back lanes.

Oh, and drink the Calvados.

cr500dom
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

OP there was a thread on this a week or so ago, I posted up the VTT map for Suisse Normandy. You should be able to find it via search and/or my posting history.
    Have you got a link ?
    Wasnt immediately apparent on thread history ?

My Parents now live in a village on the Cherbourg peninsular Called Quettetot, just outside Briquebec. and there is some lovely exploring to do round there.
    A set of maps for the area would be really handy though
    Cheers
    Dom

molgrips
    Free Member

Suisse Normande looks like a French Wye Valley 🙂

richardk
    Free Member

Just found this site – looks like a good collection of routes

Randonees

ocrider

Jambalaya’s link to the map from t’other thread

A quick google shows that there is a route book available from the local tourist offices, which incidently is the origon of the map in the link as a guess 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking in Brittany and Normandy…is there any?’ is closed to new replies.