Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mountain biking buddy in Mellor/New Mills area
  • No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I recently moved to Mellor (300 m from Mellor cross for those who know the area!) I often go out for night rides on my own but I feel it would be safer and more fun to have someone to go riding with. Anyone in that area that fancy meeting up occasionally? Or any groups that regularly go out together? I’ve cycled with the Stockport Clarions for a while and really enjoyed it, it doesn’t make sense to cycle into Stockport every week to cycle back out to Mellor when all the good bits are literally next to my house!

nbt

There’s a Monday night ride from Bicycle Smithy in Hazel Grove, they do go past your house, but they also go the other way

The SouthManchesterMassive sometimes actually ride South of Manchester – we’re having a splinter group tonight from my house in Marple past your house

The Peak midweek crew fro Bikemagic also ride from hayfield / edale / various parts around the peak district

The white nancy Boys do rides from Bollington

Richpips does a regular wednesday night ride from the Royal in Hayfield, I think

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Thanks nbt! That’s quite a few! I was planning to go out tonight too. Would you mind if I came along on your ride? What time do you set off? And how long do you plan to be out for?

nbt

No problems – what’s your email address?

Bunnyhop

Ndt- I’ve just cycled very near your house, the trails are getting dryer by the hour.
    Wish I could join you tonight, but have chores to do 🙁

nbt

I’m reluctant to post address details etc online so for specifics, mail me – but in brief, we’re aiming to leave my house (near the Ring O’Bells) around 7.15 (or as soon as everyone is ready), and we’ll be out for a couple of hours I would think. Happy to meet you en route, as we’re *probably* heading over towards Rowarth, but we’d need to swap contact details – my email is now in my profile I think

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Nbt, I’ve emailed you now.

nbt

Nice to meet you last night, enjoyable ride (if a tad cold at the end!) and what a cracking pint of Pedigree! yum!

snowslave

We ride out that way at night a fair bit – usually Weds nights, set off from The Fox

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Nbt, now I know the attraction of sports beer! Definately planning in midroute fueling stops more often! Worrying though that I went faster than ever before on the last downhill! Will definately limit myself to one pint!

snowslave, sounds interesting. I always go out cycling on Wednesdays anyway. What time do you usually set off?

snowslave

We come over from S Manchester, although we have 1 ner do well who lives out your way and he rides over on his bike of course if he’s around. That downhill from the cross to Roman Lakes is great – lucky swine living near there!

Last time we were there we persuaded the pub to A) stay open(!!!) and B) lay on curry and chips for us for a fiver each. Top banana.

Tend to flit around anywhere within 45 mins ish of Manchester, so we do Roman Lakes, Hayfield, Edale, S Pennines, Saddleworth, Rivi, Darwen Moor etc etc.

We arrange meet details on our forum (click on my user name) – depends, but this week we met up at 7.45, some weeks we meet at 7. Depends who’s out really!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mountain biking buddy in Mellor/New Mills area’ is closed to new replies.