Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mountain bike route and riding in Malvern
  • russyh
    Free Member

So myself and a couple of riding buddies are lookign to ride the Malvern hills. Sick to death of FOD clag currently. However despite living in Tewkesbury (7 miles away) i am ashamed to say i have never ridden only walked on the hills.

Does anyone have links to GPX routes and good starting/end points. Dont mind proper climbs but would like some good descents. 20miles ish in distnce would be great.

Thanks in advance.

russyh
    Free Member

Evening bump

jimster01

There are some suggested routes on the Back On Track website.

jimw
    Free Member

20 miles would be end to end and back almost, but would involve quite a few metres of climbing.
    If you are thinking of doing it at the weekend, an early start would be recommended and please be prepared to slow down on the descents for the walkers and the livestock and all the electric fence gates up at the moment in the section between the Wyche and Malvern Hills Hotel. There are muddy sections but much of it is well drained.
    Conservators code of conduct is here, but it’s common sense required mostly
    http://www.visitthemalverns.org/fckfiles/Cycling%20code%20of%20conduct.pdf

As for a starting point, from Tewksbury, I’d park at the British camp car park, head north, cross the Wyche, climb to the Worcs beacon and then round North hill back to the Wyche- there are routes that allow there and back without much duplication- have a coffee and rock bun at the cafe then explore a loop south of the camp. Bear in mind some of the trails that look good are not necessarily bridleways, especially south of the camp. The section north of the Wyche is mostly bridleways

montgomery
    Free Member

I just bought the Yellow Publications Malvern Map (in the ‘Around and About’ category) and put my own route together, starting at the north end, with an overnight bivi on the hillfort at the south end. Nice riding, wouldn’t even consider a weekend visit though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bike route and riding in Malvern’ is closed to new replies.