Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mountain bike guide for Morzine/portes du soleil area
  • blob
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

We used the official school mcf when in Les Gets, our guide was Lionell very nice guy, showed us some good trails off the beaten track and gave us a few tips. He was taking some uk journos round the PPdS the day after and he was also doings trails demonstrations at the PPdS show.

MCF

blob
    Free Member

Cheers Jamabalaya. Did you have to book in advance?

Anyone else?

jambalaya
    Free Member

No we did it in resort, wasn’t cheap at €250 but split 6 ways. I suspect with a bit of effort you could hook up with an unofficial guide.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi, here is a link http://www.summitdown.com/, which might give you some ideas.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Gareth Jeffries at EndlessRide (he still guides even though the company doesn’t trade anymore). He can also put you in touch with Carl – who knows the trails as well as anyone I know.

Both great guys to ride with.

moremountain
    Free Member

Just watch the legalities re “guides” if you are not staying with unofficial guides and not paying for their accommodation then you are opening up a whole can of worms and many of them will not ride with you because of this.

Regarding legal french registered guides, we have used Lionell as stated above a few times and our guests loved him but I would also highly recommend speaking with Jo at Rideability as he is also a qualified coach / MTB teacher so he will also be able to iron out any bad habits. HERE is his link.

Also, if you are OK with maps then consider buying THIS BOOK as there are some epic rides fully mapped and explained.

Cheers

Jon

blob
    Free Member

Nice one. Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bike guide for Morzine/portes du soleil area’ is closed to new replies.