Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • mountain bike game app. shred!
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

Been playing an app over the last few days called shred! Extreme. Time I should have probably spend doing some bike maintenance 🙂

People who made it must have a sense of humor as well.

Recommend it for the long winter evenings.

Anything else similar out there?

njee20
    Free Member

Are you one of those people who made it perchance..?

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Nope, I haven’t a IT related bone in my body. Was just commenting.

ontor
    Free Member

Shred! is a High Definition fully 3D, Mountain bike game that translates the intensity, “flow” and lifestyle of Downhill and Freeride Mountain Biking!
    There is no just pedalling along…this is balls to the wall, this is foot out flat out – this is Shred! Extreme Mountain biking, and every single second of it is carefully designed to be on the absolute ragged edge!

aaannnnddd I’m out!

njee20
    Free Member

I couldn’t find it anyway. Android?

chambord
    Free Member

I just installed it on android.

Needs a bit of work though doesn’t it.

njee20
    Free Member

Bike Mayhem is good.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Its a good idea but the execution isn’t there yet. Diappointed. I used to have an ace downhilling game on PS1, are there any about for console worth buying now?

njee20
    Free Member

Downhill Domination on ps2 was awesome. Nothing out there now.

_tom_
    Free Member

aaannnnddd I’m out!

You’ve missed the joke I think. The whole thing is a bit of a pisstake.

erniesbot
    Free Member

Hi guys i’ve just found this thread, I am the creator of Shred! Extreme Mountainbiking.

The game is currently under review with Apple and should be out on the appStore pretty soon. I was going to wait untill both versions were available to make an official announcement but looks like some kind sould has done it for me 🙂

@Ashy why are you disappointed with the game? What changes could I make to improve it?

The game is continously evolving and being updated with feedback from the gaming and MTB community so please let me know of any feedback or ideas you may have for it!

Cheers!

sam3000

Downhill domination ftw! Best game ever!!!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Hi Erniesbot,
    Some of the buttons didn’t feel like they worked and I had to repeatedly stab at them. Physics didn’t feel quite right too. On Android and HTC One M8 BTW.

erniesbot
    Free Member

Some of the buttons didn’t feel like they worked

Thanks, will look into this. Can you remember specifically which buttons?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

erniesbot, which do you feel is your finest work, ‘Shred!’ or ‘Poo Girls 1 Cup!’?

The control system definitely needs work. The Pump button stopped working completely on the pump track tutorial. And I haven’t played the later tracks but it looks like I am going to need 4 thumbs to access all the controls.

erniesbot
    Free Member

erniesbot, which do you feel is your finest work, ‘Shred!’ or ‘Poo Girls 1 Cup!’?

Haha you did some research then? Yeah I would say Shred! was my best work to date. I would regard “Poo Girls 1 Cup” as catering a somewhat niche sense of humor but with over 30,000 downloads there actually seems to be a market for it.

The Pump button stopped working completely on the pump track tutorial.

Cheers for the feedback, though this has never happened on any device I’ve tested it on. I’ll look into it – are you running it on a tablet or phone?

Not quite sure why you need 4 thumbs? The main controls of Pump/pedal and tilt should be perfectly accessible no?

erniesbot
    Free Member

The Pump button stopped working completely on the pump track tutorial.

Hi Guys i’ve updated the Pump button to be more responsive, it woud be great if you have any further feedback!

I am just one guy producing this game so I unfortunately cant afford a team of gametesters!

Cheers

klumpy
    Free Member

The game is continously evolving and being updated with feedback from the gaming and MTB community so please let me know of any feedback or ideas you may have for it!

The game needs to feature riding slowly up hills in the top ring and should absolutely never have the bike leaving the ground or breaking traction. You should be able to choose between 29 and 26 inch wheels and if you choose 26 inch you lose. You should also automatically win if you use in-app-purchase to buy a badly designed raw finish titanium-hemp composite frame from a hipster in a shed for 6000 pounds. You should have to do this every 4 months to stay winned.

Should also work in some features revolving around choosing coffee beans, wet shaving, and having a big beard. (sic)

StefMcDef
    Free Member

^ Klumpy 😆

erniesbot
    Free Member

The game needs to feature riding slowly up hills in the top ring and should absolutely never have the bike leaving the ground or breaking traction. You should be able to choose between 29 and 26 inch wheels and if you choose 26 inch you lose. You should also automatically win if you use in-app-purchase to buy a badly designed raw finish titanium-hemp composite frame from a hipster in a shed for 6000 pounds. You should have to do this every 4 months to stay winned.
    Should also work in some features revolving around choosing coffee beans, wet shaving, and having a big beard. (sic

Haha! Yeah man, some good ideas in there. There is not enough comedy in these sort of games, there will be gags like this in it eventually i promise! Just need to get the basics sorted first! 😀

klumpy
    Free Member

Now I’ve had a play:

The look, your game looks like it’s attempting realism but to go with the tongue in cheek over the top gnarspeak of the description you should go for cartoony.

Also check out Trials Frontiers’ lean controls and see what you think, tap to shift stance forward or back, then hold to really lean on it. Your rotation speed seems sluggish too.

Right thumb should cover faster and slower – where are the brakes, by the way? Or is that how you emphasise “flow”

As for pump or bunnyhop, if you must have one I’d just have tap and go and no charging up – or allow pumping without a specific button and just weight transfer.

Maybe pedalling should be a limited amount of sprinting per level. That combined with no brakes could differentiate it from the top trials games.

Also, it appears to feature an orange 5.

northernmatt

It has someone saying “dude” a lot. Uninstalled.

chambord
    Free Member

IMO any game that overlays a control pad on the screen is going to be overcomplicated. Any mobile game I’ve ever enjoyed has avoided this – the control scheme should just involve gestures (E.g. drag on the screen to shift weight on the bike or something like that, tap to hop etc).

Euro
    Free Member

Dude, that’s sweet. Keep up the good work 😀

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/stokedextrememtb?ref=br_rs

Here is the facebook page, get it ‘liked’

egb81
    Free Member

My anti-virus (avast) flagged it as a privacy concern. What’s that all about?

erniesbot
    Free Member

My anti-virus (avast) flagged it as a privacy concern. What’s that all about?

Not sure its deffo legit, it could be because the game requires permission to access your internet connection for the purpose of in-app purchases and this could be somehow interpreted as a threat?

erniesbot
    Free Member

Hey guys just to let you know the iOS version is now available in the App Store! 😀

Not sure its deffo legit

To avoid any confusion with my previous post this should have read “Not sure. But it is 100% legit”

thebunk

Am completely addicted to the Android version since you made the buttons bigger, and you’ve obviously put a shed load of work into the design on the b.c bike park levels – that shredder level is evil! Any tips?

A pause button and some way of turning the in game sounds down would be good!

erniesbot
    Free Member

Am completely addicted to the Android version since you made the buttons bigger, and you’ve obviously put a shed load of work into the design on the b.c bike park levels – that shredder level is evil! Any tips?

A pause button and some way of turning the in game sounds down would be good!

Hey thanks for the feedback! A Pause button should not be a problem, I might just make it so the menu button pauses the game to reduce screen clutter. I will be working on refining the audio system next, so I’ll add that as an option!

Shredder…Hmmm those last few levels get pretty tricky! Depends what your stuck on. You need to brake down the rock chute and pump the bowl to the max to get onto the Northshore stuff!

I’ve just started work on another level pack based on UK destinations too!

Cheers 😀

erniesbot
    Free Member

Hi Guys!

Since the last post on this thread the game has received loads of updates including a whole series UK inspired levels!

There is also a PC version coming to Steam – it would be great if you could give it the thumbs up! Shred! Steam Greenlight Campaign

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZ_0TiEDEU[/video]

Stevet1
    Free Member

I downloaded this previously but it doesn’t work with my tablets accelerometer thing unless I tip it on its side i.e. its 90 degrees out.

bigG
    Free Member

I downloaded this, and after 30 secs I realised how shit it is, so I deleted it. What an awful looking app, smothered in adds, and game play is the exact opposite of slick.

Sorry, thumbs down from me

failedengineer

I’ve got it on me new windows phone. Can’t get past the last training level …… 😳

Sidney
    Free Member

Erniesbot – Playing on windows phone I’ve just started playing again and I’m really enjoying it! I was looking for a guide as I’ve got a question and found it on my favorite biking forum!

Good solo effort on the game, I find it really playable and challenging at times.

If you’re still taking feedback – trick buttons – having a 4 way controller but 8 tricks means I often get the wrong trick, especially if I am trying to complete a specific challenge. Could the implementation of tricks be improved.

Also, Lake District Enduro 1, I can’t complete the challenge ” tewak a nothing on the blue step-up” – what is the nothing trick or is that a mistake?

Many thanks

Sid

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘mountain bike game app. shred!’ is closed to new replies.