Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorola Defy – anyone got one??
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

Thinking about ditching my steam driven iPhone 3G for a Defy. Like the ruggedness aspect and the fact that any phone will be quicker than this one!!

Anyone got one and can share their view of it??

Just think the 4 is a very poor use of my money compared to other products out there.

loddrik
    Free Member

The 4 is pretty darn quick though…

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It’s not available until later this week. I’ve got one on order.

A mate who works for orange told me about it a few weeks back. They went out on the piss with some motorola guys, as the night progressed they got more and more stupid ‘demonstrating’ it’s ruggedness. Sat in a pint for an hour, thrown repeatedly across the floor etc, not a mark on it.

I was going to get the desire z, but seeing as this is over a hundred quid cheaper and will last far better, I ordered one.

I’ve also changed to sim only with voda, through quidco, got £100 cash back on a 12 month, £20 per month deal too. Makes the total cost 200 quid. Nice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

im seriously looking at one of these, reviews i can find are quite positive

as someone who seems to crack every phone screen ive ever owned the gorillaglas screen on the defy sounds good to me, ill wait till upgrade time as the current crack in my screen doesnt impair usage- or a may just get a wildfire to tide me over only 130quid 😆

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well I got the defuly on orange.

Wow!! Much nicer than my old iPhone BUT…..

Orange is useless. No signal where they say there should be and when you do the mobile Internet is slow to the point of being unuseable.

Spoke to them and they admitted such. Sad as I liked the phone. Back to o2 and my old iPhone!!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Got one unlocked from carphone warehouse, 300 notes. It’s excellent. Very light, feels tough and feels just as quick as a desire. Motoblur seems to be superb so far. Just hope they will support it with future updates.

Or yeah, silly I know but first thing I did was chuck it in the sink lol.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Some of the other Moto phones have gorilla glass too, so does the Nokia N8. But the Defy looks tougher in the other areas ontop of this.

Does look good.

Will it run android 2.2?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Don’t know about 2.2.

Managed to get change of contract from orange to voda.

Carphone Warehouse in Swindon were superb! Hassle free.

Conqueror
    Free Member

Anything youve noticed that bad about it?

mikertroid
    Free Member

No. I know it’s no iPhone 4, but it’s got all the functionality I want in a tough package.
    It’s also £320 cheaper over 24 months too!

Those I know who have the iPhone 4 are unimpressed; it’s no major leap over the 3gs.

I particurly like the android interface. Much quicker than my iPhone 3g, but not much isn’t!!

Conqueror
    Free Member

Ive never had a touchscreen phone or anything like that. Tempted by this or the N8 which also has gorilla glass.

mikertroid
    Free Member

CAn’t vouch for the N8. Great spec, but I believe the software lets it down a bit. Had smartphones since 2003; never broken one other than by dropping one in the loo!!

Conqueror
    Free Member

Ye software doesnt bother me – I only need core features. I prob only need 2 apps. No need for an I-bowel-movement tracker. Camera,16GB storage, free maps and USB on go is a big plus for N8.

What bothers me more is the extra 100 quid and less (I assume) durable casing on the N8.

mikertroid
    Free Member

That’s one of the reasons for the defy; I can’t get my head round the need to pay for a phone you’re already paying or as part of your talk plan. £200 ish for an iPhone? Get real!!

The N8 is more up to date in terms of spec than the defy, but none of those features would get used on my phone.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Motorola Defy – anyone got one??’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts