Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Motorcycle manufacturers making/branding bikes..KTM/Ducati
  • z1ppy

Specifically KTM, but slightly Ducati… A friend is in the motorcycle trade and has chance to buy one of these either at cost or very good price from his dealers, and loves the idea of a motorcycles branded bike, as he's well into his motorbikes.

I can see the Ducati's are built by Bianchi, and what I've heard about the KTM's they seem decent value if unknown quantitiy frame wise.

Anyone have experience of either? The only decent thread I could find on the KTM is over a year old..
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-got-a-ktm-mountain-bike

Personnaly off-hand I not hugely confident about recommending he doesn't buy one (as they do seem pretty decent), but then don't have an specifc reason why he should.. any thoughts?

stumpy01

I think the KTM bikes are more than just 'branded' up bikes.

They are quite big in Europe, aren't they?

They tested a full sus one in MBR a while back and rated it quite highly (not sure if that actually means anything though…!)

z1ppy

I think they might be too, but can't find much out about them (hence the post), though the website looks quite slick, even trying to confirm the travel on their bikes doesn't seem very straight forward..

http://www.ktm-bikes.at/en/index.php

Is the Lycan (under mtb -> tour [????]) a 120 or 140mm travel bike?

eckinspain
    Free Member

Not much more to add since my post of last year. I didn't buy one in the end but there's a couple of guys in the club who have them (and appear to be happy so far).

They look nice! IMO

BoardinBob

140 according to the fork – Float RLC 140mm

turboferret

A friend of mine in Serbia had a KTM and liked it, seemed like a decent enough bike. Mid-range aluminium thing, I rode it a few times, rode pretty well.

Cheers, Rich

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The KTM's ride nicely & look the part, just a shame they fall to bits (IME). Don't know anything about the Ducati ones though

Naranjada
    Free Member

Wouldn't trust the electrics on the Duc 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wouldn't trust the electrics on the Duc

Old outdated joke. BMWs are worse now, FYI! 🙂

z1ppy

GW which models have you seen/tried? (had fall to pieces?)

z1ppy

BoardinBob – Member

140 according to the fork – Float RLC 140mm

Yes the top model is, but the lower models all have 120mm forks? So what travel is the rear end? It's not clear

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

KTM seem to be in a lot of the Euro bike mags and the specs look not too bad.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle manufacturers making/branding bikes..KTM/Ducati’ is closed to new replies.