Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Motorcycle chain lube
  • miner29er
    Free Member

Any good for mtb chains? Seems much cheaper than the stuff they sell in bike shops.

coatesy
    Free Member

Been using Castrol for years, seems to last much better than stuff they sell in bike shops.

adi66
    Free Member

I use the Castrol dry chain wax, and its great.

muddyman
    Free Member

some of its sticky as a sticky thing (the one i tried was). good if you like bringing half the woods home on your chain mind !!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Try Wurth performance on road 😉

muddyman
    Free Member

what you wanna lube the road for onceina ? 🙄

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

To wipe all you roadies onto the floor 😈

😛

Seriously though, it’s quite a tacky but clean one to use ime.
    If I suggested Motul then I would deserve a 🙄 😆

sugdenr
    Free Member

Stihl chainsaw oil. In this weather, warm gently before application.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Better to use it in the winter.Not the summer gets to much dust stuck to it.Loads of makes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is I keep boring people with I use the putoline chain wax in the melt ont eh stove tin – it so much better and cheaper than cycle lube its not funny. An £18 tin is about half used after 2 years lubing half a dozen bikes chains and my chains are lasting many times as long as they did

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I am 1 better than TJ – i melt nearly burnt out candle and tins of vaseline on the woodburner, then dip my “wick” (chain) in and leave until the embers die. I am now experiencing 60k miles from one chain and one application – holy grail!

TIC

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

TJ chain wax those were the days.Use to use that on my motorcross chains back in the 80s.Then some bight spark invented the oring chain less hassle to lube.Mind that wax hurts if you get some on you pulling it of your arms.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wax can only be used under certain circumstances.
    Your domestic manager/mum has to be out of the house are you will get your ear bent.

superfli
    Free Member

I use Wurth stuff. Fairly expensive, but it doesnt leave a white mess and seems to stay on through winter+summer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Motorcycle chain lube’ is closed to new replies.