Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Motorbike theory test – same as cars??
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Having bought an official DSA dvd set I've noticed the hazard perception refers to specific info for motorcyclists whereas the theory test bit says explicitly 'for car drivers'. Anybody know if there's a difference in the theory test for motorbikes??

richtea
    Free Member

yes it is different

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Thought so – thanks a bunch Amazon…..

zaskar
    Free Member

Which weather do you plan to use your bike in btw?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

As close to the tropics as I can get.

Jamie
    Free Member

If i remember right the majority of the test is the same but there will be 3-5 motorbike specific questions.

yamyambiker
    Free Member

I had to do a theory test a few years ago before doing my motorycle test (passed car test over a decade before that), so far as I can remember the test asks you at the start if you are doing it for a car or motorcycle (or other?) so there are specific questions.

Apart from a few questions specific to the vehicle category of license you are going for though the same general knowledge/common sense/hazard awareness applies.

simon_g

I did mine last year. There didn't seem to be anything bike-specific about the hazard perception, but as said there are a few questions added for motorcycling covering things like how pillions affect handling and basic mechanical checks.

j-cru
    Free Member

Good luck with the test, whenever you do it, looking forward to your "what bike will i buy" post already 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike theory test – same as cars??’ is closed to new replies.