Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • motorbike laws
  • aaboi210
    Free Member

i am getting a 90cc motor bike not road legal but i am wondering if it is ok to push it along the road not running because i have been told it is and it isnt, what are all of the laws? thankyou

wwaswas

I’d say you were ‘in charge’ of a motor vehicle and probably need to have the appropriate licence and documentation.

Having said that it’s at the polices discretion what they do so if you spoke to your local nick and explained the situation they may offer specific advice?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No

It must not be on a road without tax insurance and MOT,

Where are you intending to ride it? The only place you can legally ride it is private land with the landowners permission

Zedsdead
    Free Member

No you can’t I’m afraid.

Even to push it down the road it needs all the paperwork – MOT, Tax, Insurance.

When I was a kid I used to push my Garelli Endurocross through the village to the quarry/woods and our local plod would cast a blind eye. They don’t seem to like doing that anymore….

aaboi210
    Free Member

o ok thanks i have got to walk through the center of town to get to the place where i will ride it and that is private land… but getting there is the problem :/ thanks guys so not even pushing it when it is broken or anything?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

No, sorry. No pushing it no matter what.

I trailer my RM250 to where I ride it. A bike trailer is a very handy thing….

aaboi210
    Free Member

o ok mate yea well i havent got my lisence yet so that is a problem lol

5thElefant
    Free Member

Presumably a minibike? You should ask on a minibike forum… but what they have been known to do is stick the bike in a DIY trailer / cart type thing. Failing that shopping trolley.

aaboi210
    Free Member

no mate ime on about a full size pit bike i dont think it will fit in a shopping trolly and that will look a bit stupid lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘motorbike laws’ is closed to new replies.