Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Motorbike delivery costs?
  • duckman

Any ideas;One advantage of Mrs Duck leaving is nobody can stop me having a bike; so I HAVE to own a Monster that currently resides in Essex,Anybody got any idea on how much I need to factor in to get it brought up here? Don’t really want to travel down and bring an unfamiliar/untried bike 600miles back to Montrose.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Brave purchase full stop when it’s that far away!

amplebrew

I’d make a long weekend of it if you can and enjoy the ride.

It must be something pretty special to buy one 600 miles away, I thought they were a pretty popular bike.

Which model is it?

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’ll do it for you for free ! 😀 have friends in Essex and Aberdeen!
    No really, i’m sure you get bike courier services don’t you? pretty expensive i would imagine tho!But at least all insurance etc is sorted. Good on ya for getting yay lubbly jubbly machine! 😀

solarpowered
    Free Member

[/quote]I’d make a long weekend of it if you can and enjoy the ride.

Good plan! Make a holiday of it and you can take things as slow or as fast as you like.

I did cornwall to Aberdeen on a 250 (yeah, yeah, in my younger days!) it was fabulous! And did it over 2-2.5 days. Just wonderful!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Id say try shiply “but” i was only trusting of my land rover on there because i was following it on its journey.

Screw having a any old unknown unsanctioned random pick up my vehicle and transport it at my risk……

Some folks on landy zone actually warned me off it on account of his delivery driver taking the car and money and heading to the new recipeiant dumping the car in the nearest services en route and doing a runner….. Be a very easy way to steal a bike ….

duckman

It’s yellow,you have to see the yellow in the flesh,lush 3000 miles in 5 years. Every bike I have owned has been bought from somebody who bought it new and went “Oh hang on, not sure if this is for me.” It is from somebody my Dad is mates with (my Dad is 73 😀 )so I am fairly confident it has been looked after by the retired watchmaker….

Actually; I might head down; pay for a service so I know there are no surprises and then take my time….well, when I say time…

amplebrew

Always better to buy a used vehicle when you know the history.

I’d definately travel for it myself and bring it back on the A and B roads.

Do it over a few days and take in the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales etc.

Could be an amazing trip and what a way to bond with the bike 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rac cover too – my mates gixer …. Thought she was read for european tour , had it serviced , been over it with fine tooth comb.

Got to newcastle from arbroath ….. Took an orange light taxi back to arbroath thanks to the rain getting into electrics…. 3 of the bikes out of 12 didnt make it to the continent for one reason or another.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Hire a van, or fly down n ride it back!.even if you pay a Co to deliver it the costs will be similar, around £500 I reckon.

weeksy

It will be £140-170 to get a van/courier to do it.

I’ve done it 5 times including 2 Ducatis

duckman

That’s handy weeksy, thanks 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personally I’d make a weekend of it, grab a cheap B&B and ride it back. As long as it’s had the belts changed in the last 2 years it’ll be fine. Ducatis appreciate a good thrashing, and a bike that’s been used as little as that will need one.

(Personally I’d be more wary of low milage than average-high milage on a Duke. They don’t like standing around. Buy primarily on condition and HISTORY, not milage. Has it been serviced on the dot every year, regardless of milage…?)

weeksy

Search Ebay mate for things like Motorbike courier, motorbike transportation etc etc.

Ring/Mail/text them.

I don’t recall the names of who i used, i did use a localish company to you called Freight Express (Google them) and they were good.

cupra
    Free Member

There are online couriers that do this day in day out for £99 to anywhere in the UK, Skinners Aprilia dealers in Dundee use them so maybe phone them and ask, Sev is the salesman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike delivery costs?’ is closed to new replies.