Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Motor factors or trailer/caravan places open on a Sunday? London/ South East ish
  • nedrapier

13 pin plug and socket are ballsed up beyond saving. Need to fix them tomorrow.

Anyone know of a motor factors open on a Sunday?

Basingstoke, London, Soton, Brighton, Tunbridge, that sort of area? Could go a bit further.

Edit, I thought of caravan places while I was typing, just googled and found a few.

Any thoughts on motor factors would be greatly appreciated. Ta!

mattbee

Michael Jordan Caravans in Gomshall, Surrey hills?
    I know Halfords sell 7 pin/dual 7 pin sockets but not sure if they have 13 pin as a stock item, maybe try click & collect on their website.

nedrapier

no dice at halfords, screwfix have them available to collect “tomorrow” but that’s Monday now.

Michael Jordan was the 1st one I found! Will be ringing tomorrow.

mattbee

MJ def open on Sunday & have a pretty well stocked shop. (We bought a ‘van from them last week).

nedrapier

ace. they’re top of the list, partly cos of proximity, mostly cos the name!

well stocked with electrical spares and stuff?

paulwf

Go outdoors sell some bits like this

mattbee

They seem to have a reasonable stock but prob best to call them. Given their location you could probably squeeze a ride in too!

nedrapier

ha! I’m at the other end of the Surrey Hills! Hired a trailer to spend the weekend shifting garden waste. Trailer currently without lights, so cant’ shift anything, or take the trailer back to the hire place.

Bike rides down the agenda. But I had a bit of a mare on Friday after work. took me 5 hours to get 36 miles in loads of thick mud and into a headwind. I’m not itching to get back on the bike!

nedrapier

Paul, thank you! They do, and the Amazingstoke store has some in stock apparently. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

is this the humungerous hedge?

nedrapier

a bit of it, bakes. Not the last of it though.

Got the bits from Michael Jordan (not that one), replaced plug and socket, still didn’t work, took both apart again to check for stray strands shorting. Don’t know if youve ever done that on a 13 pin plug and socket, twice each, but it’s a right pain in the arse. 3 times, actually, because I forgot a collar putting it together. That was the day gone – tip closes at 4. Trailer loads to the tip – none.

And it still didn’t work.

Morning off work to try and sort it this morning – can’t take the trailer back without lights.

Fixed now, and trailer gone back. The problem – 1 x 7.5A fuse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Motor factors or trailer/caravan places open on a Sunday? London/ South East ish’ is closed to new replies.