Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Motocross youths – how to discourage them
  • ymcwhirr
    Free Member

Aargh. After spending the summer putting in some decent woodland trails in the local woods, it appears that the local motocross yobs have discovered them, and are proceeding to destroy them. This is despite them having the run of the hill, with plenty tracks of their own to entertain them. What really p*ssses me off is their inability to do any trail building / maintenance of their own. Seems it’s a case of destroy, move on, then destroy somewhere else. Rant over. Any advice on how to shoo them away?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Meanwhile, over on hikingtrackworld forum, there’s a similar question about how to shoo away cyclists from the walking trails……

binners
    njee20
    Free Member

‘Gates’ a la Afan that are too narrow for a motorbike? Pain though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Speak to the landowner. Obviously, as you’ve built the trails, you’re already in a good working relationship with them. Aren’t you?

wwaswas

build trails with narrow sections between trees, under branches and with very tight turns.

ymcwhirr
    Free Member

Live and let live is my usual take on life. I wouldn’t bike on walker trails if it would do damage. Equally, if I show people respect, I would expect the same in return. It’s the level of destruction they do that makes me despair. To balance out the agrument, they also destroy walker paths as well, which must hack the walkers off. These are community woods built on an old mine slag heap. The trails I put in were hidden well away from existing paths and pretty discrete to be honest. With lots of branches etc. And still the wee blighters made it onto them. *sigh* maybe next summer, I’ll just need to hide my activity a bit more.

jam-bo

Some of the best DH tracks I’ve ridden were created by MX bikes.

ymcwhirr
    Free Member

True, but these boys keep going on them until they are trenched over a foot in depth. My clearance just can’t cope!

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Wee on them.

kimbers

stick in some north shore skinnies?

bikebouy
    Free Member

It is a shame, tried talking to them?

Sure they’d understand, most kids wouldn’t like someone else riding they ride.

I go not expecting a fight, just open chats.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Motocross youths – how to discourage them’ is closed to new replies.