Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Motobiking around Pico's and Pyrenees – anyone done it?
  • gixer.john
    Free Member

Just book the ferry for end of June into July. Me my mate and the 2 ladies on the back of the bikes. No set itinerary, thinking of a few days around Llanes, then across to Ordessa. We have 12 days to chill out, ride the bikes and enjoy the area – anyone got any good towns, villages, sights that must be seen?

ta

mattsccm
    Free Member

The Picos is now a national park. off road rding is now very naughty and gets huge slaps. All those great lanes from years ago are definitely out. There is one track from Potes that heads up towards the top station of the cable car then over the hills thats still goes though. great on a big traily

gixer.john
    Free Member

On road bikes – Fazer 1000 and Trumpet Speed Triple – so no off roading.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The route Napoleon (N85) http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=346 is one not to miss.

rickmeister

Did the ferry to Santander, through Picos to Vigo in Portugal, Girona Andora and Fontainebleau.

Spain was great, Picos superb. Open roads, little traffic and great riding.

Enjoy…

hicksville
    Free Member

santander to san vincent de barque, great beaches then onto Potes really really good.
    Pryennes through Basque country then to Luchon via all the big Col climbs

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Me and one of my mates are going out there July/Aug,wer'e on big trailees though.
    There's loads of stuff on ADVrider and Horizons unlimited,just search through the Ride reprts and Europe forums.You'll find lots of stuff like this.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389446&highlight=pyrenees

gusamc
    Free Member

awesome place, did a weeks trail riding – pas de caminos ?

loved it, Potes town is good, found a great bar in middle of nowhwere, hunters equipment, including unattended guns on one side of porch, bikie stuff other. made it above snowline and what I think were eagles one day.

will check notes and see if I can find names and mail you.

Remember being on an amazing cliff side road, about 8 ft wide next to a vertical drop (one bloke had vertigo so he shut his eyes and we walked him round, somebody drove his bike), view was amazing and improved by the local shepherd, walking below us, whsitling happy as he went about his work.

Trip summed up when we accidentaly (ie maps are crap) charged along the trails and ended up in a field, with a family (3 generations) doing the harvest (they had a tractor but also pitchforks etc, it was like when I was 4, it really was), anyway, did they shout gerrof moi landio, did thye arse, smiled waved and whistled.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Motobiking around Pico's and Pyrenees – anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.