Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moto Medical
  • generallevi
    Free Member

Got into a crazy situation on the Penmachno yesterday. Was out riding with some mates and came across 3 guys on scramblers, in the trail, with one of them going in and out of consciousness on the floor with a dislocated shoulder.

His two mates were smoking some class c’s and when we asked if they had rang an ambulance the said ‘no’. Things then deteriorated further as we tried to talk them into it but they were adamnent ‘nobody is calling anyone’
    I think this was down to the bikes on the trail and the possession of drugs but things were going south for their mate and for the situation. After about twenty mins of tense negotiation they agreed to let us call an ambulance but they insisted on leaving before it arrived.

One of the dodgiest and delicate things I’ve ever been involved in. Bottom line though was trying to help the injured guy, unlike his so called mates.

Anyone ever had anything similar?

All the best,

Lee.

Stevet1
    Free Member

That is weird, glad they’re not my mates. Don’t the an ambulance would give a fig about either of the two things you mentioned either. Well done for doing the right thing.

generallevi
    Free Member

To be fair it kicked off properly was when my friend who is a climbing instructor In Llanberis said we would need a hill team from mountain rescue and to get them we need to ring ‘999’. They then got super cagey.

They were not getting the seriousness of the situation and seemed proper impaired.

Once in a lifetime thing to come across I hope.

cookeaa

Motorbikes do attract all sorts unfortunately…

Avoidance of any authority figures, class C’s in the woods, stolen bikes? We get a few round our way I generally wish them ill and hope they manage to take themselves out (but nobody else) TBH…

Well done for being patient and helping a stranger in need, sounds like he might need a rethink on his choice of “mates”…

matt_outandabout

Sounds like you and friend have helped someone out in a way they or mates might not realise. Good on you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Moto Medical’ is closed to new replies.