Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • moto G vs others: camera, radio?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Tempted by the go to Moto G, but wary of a crap camera and fm radio – any comments on either?

Otherwise considering Xperia M.

scotroutes

Crap camera is putting me off. Currently pondering the Xperia Z1 compact…

Jamie
    Free Member

pondering the Xperia Z1 compact…

Quite the price difference.

scotroutes

Aye – but the Z1C isn’t a stripped down “mini” like all the rest and it’s the form factor that’s mostly driving my decision making.

Gribs

I got a Moto G for my mum and it actually takes ok photos. They’re a lot better than I was expecting and she’s very happy with it. In general use it compares very well with my old xperia S and doesn’t feel vastly outclassed by my current Z2.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have been pleasantly surprised by the camera in my moto g. For all the reviews i have seen saying how crap it is, it does well.

My wife has just gone from iphone 5 to moto g and prefers it.

cp

The camera is not crap, everything relative its not as good as the best but its a lot better than the best of a couple of years ago. Its fine for what it is – a tiny lens and sensor. Ive had some great pics off mine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

*bump* for evening users/radio users.

gwaelod
    Free Member

bewildered about the crap camera reviews too…I think it’s quite good…its not DSLR material…but hey.

I use FM radio all the time…..it just works.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

No problem with FM radio, camera is decent to..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all. Moto G it is.

matther01
    Free Member

Using mine right now. Camera is good for closer pics, screen is great, phone call quality is a bit off…thinking 16g may have been better than 8gb as after set up you only have 4-5gb left

allfankledup

Mrs has a motog – the panorama pictures that the camera takes are great.

Camera is ok for what we use it for

smokey_jo

The camera app got an upgrade when kit kat went to 4.4.3 (I think, may have been 4.4.2) low light pics aren’t amazing but are as good as my iPhone 4 ever were.
    Radio only works with headphones plugged in.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmm. Moto G 16gB same price as sd card expandable Experia M…

cp

No brainer. Wait another couple of weeks for the moto g 4G 8gb with micro SD slot. If you can’t wait that long then normal moto g 16gb.

Moto G has a faster quad core 1.2GHz processor rather than sony’s dual core 1GHz, it has the latest plain Android rather than an older ‘customised’ one, much higher screen resolution.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KB0YDBG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03SCX0XNMHJNRQ03DKYQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

bounce

Was looking at the Experia M myself but the new SD card version of the Moto G sounds perfect, what do you reckon to using that as a GPS on the bike? Any downsides? Only one I can think of is battery life might be a bit short.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta cp, I think that may be the choice, much as I hate Amazon.

muggomagic

Carphone warehouse are selling the 16gb Nexus 5 for £249 at the moment. It’s £90 more, but it’s a better camera and snapdragon 800 as opposed to the 400 in the moto and an extra 8gb of memory.

Nexus 5

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My daughter aged 21 has just bought a moto g today as an upgrade from a Nokia 3210, i think her brain may explode.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not wanting to go to £250 (and wonder why anyone would!)

muggomagic

Fair enough Al but if you’re getting the moto g you should probably go for the 16gb version. My eldest has the 8gb moto g and she’s now having to delete apps to fit newer ones on.
    Even with an sd card it won’t help too much with apps as very few will install on the sd card.

Cougar

She’s filled a phone with 8Gb of apps?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t really need apps, just music storage for my Level 42 back-catalogue.

muggomagic

Yes cougar. Of the 8gb memory only around 5 is available after space taken up by os and preloaded apps. Games like rayman are 1-1.5 GB so not really that hard to figure that it doesn’t go too far.

muggomagic

Level 42? Time for some air bass

dannybgoode

Buy the Moto G (the new 4G version takes micro SD cards) and then a P&S camera for around £70. Will take far better snaps than any phone camera this side of the Nokia 1020.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL muggo, that’s Gary Numan tho 😛

I already have a P+S camera, I CBA carrying it everywhere

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘moto G vs others: camera, radio?’ is closed to new replies.