Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MOT question
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

The high level brake light on the wife’s car has stopped working, is that a failure? If I just remove it then its not there to fail yeah?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Not a failure.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not a failure even if you leave it there.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Ahh great, cheers for that chaps

wrightyson
    Free Member

Failed my van on it! It was there so should be working apparently!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Thats what I thought…?

Davesport

I suppose it’s down to the tester but Section 2a states Section 2b covers it as well. IMO it’s got to work.

I’m sure there’s als some sort of catch all that means you can’t have any part of your braking system (which includes the brake lights) inoperative.

D.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It was my understanding too that if one is fitted it has to work. If it was aftermarket fitted you could remove it and it wouldn’t fail but I assume if it is original specification it would fail (and it would also be very hard to remove it anyway).

M6TTF
    Free Member

Spoke to the garage – if it was factory fitted it has to work, if it was aftermarket it doesn’t matter

wrightyson
    Free Member

As they say don’t believe everything you read, especially on the interweb 😉

Free Member

Pass and advise if it is not working as you have to give the benefit as it may not be wired up. .

wrightyson
    Free Member

🙄

br
    Free Member

Fix it?

gingerss
    Free Member

Thought they were a requirement on all cars built after a certain date. I’d probably just mention it to the garage and ask them to fix it before the test. Can’t be that expensive can it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mine doesnt work, the tester said if I told him I had disconnected it, he would have to pass it. No brainer.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Well I’ve ordered a new one – dealer only part at 55 quid! 45 with discount, couple of screws and a connector, job done

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MOT question’ is closed to new replies.