Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Most useless/silliest present you have been given or gave to someone ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Gave a friend a 'walks of the UK' book, as he claims he is a keen walker – but never actually goes out walking!

andrewh
    Free Member

'War on Terror- The Board Game.'

Not had chance to play it yet.

SnS
    Free Member

Wine bottle stopper…..how useless is that !

Bottle gets opened, drunk & binned….no stopper involved.

Chris

druidh
    Free Member

Was given a blow-up man doll.

Sandwich

Something called duck shoot.

TenMen
    Free Member

A pair of foot-high soldier-shaped nutcrackers. I am allergic to nuts.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

My parents win this award every year. They have dissapointed me every year since i was a young lad. I recived a porcelain bathroom set in the shape of fish for my 18th birthday. I got a plastic key for my 21st (Yes that was all) and for a recent christmas i got a bid up tv set of boxer shorts. It got to the point where i asked them not to buy me or the wife anything and to 'treat' our kids at chrsitmas and birthdays.

As you can imagine i was amazed my just turned 7yr old son got the 12+ rated rocky DVD collection. I asked my mum if she had bought my 2yr old daughter a set of kitchen knives for christmas. She didnt understand.

Oh and before any comments on being short of money etc. Believe me they are not and we dont 'expect' extravagance. Just please could they once ask us what they are interested in.

odannyboy
    Free Member

musical santa tie…thought they were so corny that people didnt actually make them anymore..what a waste….of probably 50p 😡

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Got a double CD of Xmas carols a couple of weeks ago – as a birthday present 😕 Birthdays in december are shite 🙁

But the clincher has to be a plastic file with a hand written "mobile office" on the front from my **** of a work colleague who has been nothing but **** discriminatory since my diagnosis of a brain tumour and associated symptoms of memory loss. Seeing as my appointment on Xmas eve showed regrowth of the tumour needing surgery, chemo & radio she'll be **** lucky if she has a **** job to go back to 😈

Smee
    Free Member

She sounds like a proper charmer so she does. Best of luck with your treatment though.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Thanks Goan, she is so numb she can't understand her "well meaning" actions are discriminatory. Still, op, chemo & radio means another period of time away from her!! Every cloud…….

midlifecrashes

I got one of these:

steve_b77
    Free Member

I/we got a mini indoor herb garden kit – kinda bizzare as we have a cold screen at the end of our 130ft garden, and it's from our neighbours 4 doors down 😕

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Most useless/silliest present you have been given or gave to someone ?’ is closed to new replies.