Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Most useless bike product you can come up with?
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Weird now to see Fox bringing 20mm back into the trailbike world with the new repurposed 36. Dicks.

Fox did the sensible thing and made the lowers adaptable to both 20mm and 15mm bolt through, how long did it take the geniuses in the bike world to figure out that customers might appreciate that? Instead of trying to force new standards on us all the time. I like 20mm, I’ve got quite a few 20mm wheels. I’ll buy the Fox 36 (seeing as it’s getting good reviews) instead of the Pike simply because I cannot be arsed to change my hubs to 15mm…..and 20mm is compatible with all my old mans stuff….which is useful in case of emergencies.

The companies that make adjustable drop outs and geometry so you can run either 650b or 26 also get a nod of appreciation.

oldnick

“A while ago I saw on here a little gizmo to hold your brake lever on so your bike could stay propped against your car better” – isn’t that called an elastic band?

“Fake stick on mud” – or Le Mud as it was called in a mountain bike book donkey’s years ago 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

summer gloves

Gloves full stop according to Mr Hora…..

I’ll vote for15mm axles. It’s just annoying that it’s caught on….until Fox get bored of it / need to shift a few more units and reintroduce it as the newest thing to have whilst hoping people forget that they helped introduce 15mm axles.

Another handle bar diameter.

Marketing terms….XC, trail, enduro, freeride (original term used in the late nineties). It’s all just riding about on bikes.

weare138
    Free Member

The Pro-Gard which was for BMXs chain during the 80s(it resembled a modern cable tidy tube but chain size). It didn’t stay on, it twisted and got caught up the the rear hub. It was rubbish.

Northwind

Tom_W1987 – Member

Fox did the sensible thing and made the lowers adaptable to both 20mm and 15mm bolt through, how long did it take the geniuses in the bike world to figure out that customers might appreciate that?

Considering it’s their fault we’re stuck with 15mm and 20mm in the first place, they get no credit for that from me.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

This is quite possibly the stupidest idea ever!

Inbred456
    Free Member

Suspension seat posts followed closely by dropper posts. Sorry but I just didn’t buy into the whole dropper post thing maybe because the quality of the posts were pants. It seemed to take ages for them to iron out the slack and wear and tear probs, with the customers doing the bloody testing!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hora?

jota180
    Free Member
    Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Considering it’s their fault we’re stuck with 15mm and 20mm in the first place, they get no credit for that from me.

I thought it was the wheel manufacturers that pushed Fox into doing it, as they wanted to lose weight.

Anyhow, at least they made a sensible decision now.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Rapha

daftvader
    Free Member

a bell… no one hears them round my neck of the woods as they are always “plugged in”. I now shout DING DING!! it gets a far greater response 😀

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Ashtray??

epicyclo

Derailleurs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll defend 15mm having suffered with flexi 20mm forks the overall package that makes the difference. 20mm is still up there in the gravity world. It makes little or no noticeable difference to my new forks.

Most useless MTB product? Either those things above for keeping your grips dry or forums/internet.

Bregante

What was that clip type thing that a forum user came up with a few years ago? It basically held the front brake on to stop the bike rolling/falling when leant against a wall…..

antigee

What was that clip type thing that a forum user came up with a few years ago? It basically held the front brake on to stop the bike rolling/falling when leant against a wall…..

actually just read a thread where people debated helmet strap v old inner tube v Velcro for just this purpose when commuting on the train (helmet straps got nil pointe)…..

personally I’ve already patented the 650B specific pump – avoids that embarrassing half pump motion at the end of inflation that you would experience if you used an old pump designed for 26″

smatkins1
    Free Member

Toptube mounted sweetie box. I need somewhere where sweets are easily accessible mid ride.

warren569
    Free Member

17.5mm axle…the tweener size for aggressive all mountain

antigee

thanks

tweener size™

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Saw this a few years ago thought at the time they wouldn`t catch on , never seen one since so guess I was right!!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Most useless bike product you can come up with?’ is closed to new replies.