Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Most similar schwalbe equivalent of a high roller
  • cookci
    Free Member

Ive got a high roller 3c exo and an ardent coming to me (both were free – long story)

Anyway is there a schwalbe equivalent as i have never really used anything else.

Also on another note when the sideways slits on the nobs on a schwalbe tyre wear away, does that mean the tyre is ready for replacement?

kiksy
    Free Member

Closest I would say is Hans Dampf, that’s assuming you’re talking about the 2.3 HR as the bigger sizes have much bigger knobs.

kiksy
    Free Member

Oh and the sideways slits are called sipes. Not sure how much difference they make. I just replace tyres based on feel rather than looks.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I don’t thing there is a direct schwalbe equivalent with a pronounced gap to the edge.
    Maybe the fat albert (front)?

cookci
    Free Member

2.3 hr2. Do they do a bigger one in the 29?

The sipes feel like they are gone on a hans dampf i have 😉

Saccades
    Free Member

Fat Albert no longer exists except as a 29er, which is a shame as I’m on my last one.

mcnultycop

I’ve got a Fat albert 26er knocking about. Are you talking 26er?

Northwind

Hans Dampf is their equivalent in the lineup but it’s not a patch on a highroller imo never mind a minion. There’s a reason so many people use magic marys as an allrounder, it’s pretty much the only good schwalbe front tyre

chakaping
    Free Member

Schwalbe have a bit of a gap in their line up to compete with the HR and Minion DHF.

I suppose it’s the hans dampf by default, but it doesn’t look promising enough for me to try it as a front tyre.

Not sure why you’re asking though, because you’d prefer to stay with Schwalbe?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, not clear what you mean?

cookci
    Free Member

Just trying to get an idea of how fast and grippy it is to give me an idea of which bike to put it on. Im very familiar with most the schwalbe tyres so thought the question might be easier rather than just asking how fast it was.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ahh, gotcha.

HR2 on the front and Ardent on the rear for summer.

Good for a trail bike, or front of enduro bike.

llama

Do the knobs still tear off the Hans?

cookci
    Free Member

Not a good combo all year round?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just stick with maxxis keeps life nice and easy, your tyres may also last longer

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Just gone from HR2 front and back (3c front, standard rear), to a Magic mary and hans dampf in the new compounds.

Have to say I’m liking them a lot so far, didnt think anything would trump the high rollers, yes the HRs rolled a little better but not much and I got tons more grip now.

Saccades
    Free Member

mcnultycop – Member
    I’ve got a Fat albert 26er knocking about. Are you talking 26er

Aye, I live in Ireland so post would be prohibitive I suspect, is it in good condition?

cookci
    Free Member

I installed the ardent 29er 2.25 and pulled it straight back off. Looks far to narrow for my liking.

To save me to hastle of installing the high roller, are they much wider than the ardent 2.25 and perhaps best matched to the larger ardent?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Small ardent is definitely an xc type tyre, the bigger one is great a small was my go to for a rear until I decided to give the aggressor a go.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Most similar schwalbe equivalent of a high roller’ is closed to new replies.